Two Bluetooth Devices At The Same Time? Seriously?

+ Reply to Thread
    Scribbler - Standard Member

Angry Two Bluetooth Devices At The Same Time? Seriously?

I bought a Bluetooth mouse and a Bluetooth keyboard to use with my Windows 8 Dell Latitude 10 Tablet. Apparently you cannot use both devices at the same time. When I start to use the mouse the keyboard becomes out of sync and when I start to use the keyboard the mouse becomes un-synced. Are you serious? Bluetooth can only handle one device at the same time? Or is it user error? I installed both devices one at a time and I thought that would be fine. Is there anything else I need to do or is there software for this, special drivers, or tweaks?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Best,
    Needspractice
    Last edited by needspractice; 03-18-2013 at 08:22 PM.

Default Re: Two Bluetooth Devices At The Same Time? Seriously?

I don't have a Bluetooth keyboard, but to compare, I connected a pair of A2DP headphones and a mouse at the same time to my Asus Windows 8 device and did not find any noticeable degradation of the audio playback or of the mouse movement. I would suspect that A2DP playback should be more intensive than a Bluetooth keyboard.. but that's just my guess.

I'd say that Bluetooth should be able to handle more than just one device, but I know I've experienced poor or degraded connections in the past (mainly noticeable for me in terms of using stereo headphones as the audio starts to stutter).

Personally, I've usually found these to be due to:

1) Software that continually performed Bluetooth device searches in the background (for me, this was typically software from Sony Ericsson or Nokia, essentially PC software that continually looked for my cellphone via Bluetooth)
    2) Possible interference from other 2.4 GHz networks (e.g. 802.11b/g networks)

Assuming that you don't have any other software in the background using the Bluetooth radio, have you perhaps tried using your Bluetooth devices either with the tablet's WiFi turned off or further away from a WiFi access point if you were really close to one?

These may just be shots in the dark... but I can't imagine that if I'm able to stream Bluetooth audio and use a Bluetooth mouse simultaneously, that you should have to experience difficulty with a Bluetooth mouse and keyboard.

Well that is good news maybe I just need to try different drivers because I am just using the ones that windows installed when it found the devices.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Okay I installed the latest Bluetooth Drivers for the Dell Latitude 10 and everything seams to be working perfect. I believe the drivers that came with the system were not the updated ones. There were some new drivers that just came out! Thanks everyone!

I don't know if this matters but I separated the keyboard and mouse a little bit to but I do not think that matters much.

Thread Information