08-12-2007, 05:21 PM #1
- Join Date
- Aug 2007
- Rep Power
convertible for note taking and some gaming
1. What is your budget?
I was hoping for less than $2000
2. Do you prefer a Slate, Convertible or Ultra Mobile PC (UMPC)?
3. What size Tablet PC would you prefer?
Something around 12.1" I guess... I'm probably going to be carrying it around a lot so not too big.
4. Which country do you intent to purchase from?
5. Do you have any preferences to brand loyalty or dislikes?
6. How many hours battery life do you require?
7. What do you intend to use the Tablet for?
Mostly note taking, writing, some light gaming, possibly a bit of graphics/drawing/layout
8. Do you have an OS preference?
Windows. I have XP on my desktops and am a bit nervous about going to Vista, but if I have to, I guess I have to
9. What software and tasks do you intend to run?
Some sort of note taking software, MS Office, possibly Adobe Photoshop or Indesign
10. Do you intend playing Games. If so please list.
I like to play grand strategy games and am a big fan of the Paradox Interactive games. Probably just Hearts of Iron 2 and Europa Universalis 3 at the moment. EU3 is the most graphic intensive of the two, the system requirements are at the bottom.
1. Do you prefer standard or widescreen?
standard, but it isn't really a big issue
2. What resolution do you prefer?
3. Do you require an Indoor only or Indoor/Outdoor screen option?
4. Do you require a Passive or Active Digitizer?
5. Do you require Wacom or Finepoint Technology?
1. What size Hard Drive and Memory do you require?
For Hard Drive, I can't imagine using more than 60GB. In terms of memory, I was hoping for 2 gigs but might settle for 1.
2. Do you require an Optical Drive?
3. Do you require ability to add a second Battery or Hard Drive (Modular Bay technology)?
1. Other non specific items ~ please add other items you require not covered above?
2. Additional requests ~ anything other you wish to take into consideration?
System Requirements for EU3
• 1.9GHz Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon processor or equivalent with 512MB RAM
• (1.0GB RAM is highly recommended)
• 128MB Video Card with Hardware T&L and support for Pixelshader 2.0 or better
• DirectX7 compatible sound card
• CD-ROM drive
• Windows-compatible mouse; Mouse with scroll wheel highly recommended
• At least 1GB of free hard drive space to accommodate game files and saved games. This does not include any space used by the Windows® swap file.
• High-speed Modem connection is required for multiplayer games
• Windows® 2000 (with Service pack 1 or higher) or Windows® XP (Home/Professional/Media Edition) with Service Pack 2
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)