best windows 8 tablet for about $600?

+ Reply to Thread

Question best windows 8 tablet for about $600?

General Questions.

1. What is your budget?
    up to 600 usd

2. Would you consider purchasing used/refurbished?
    yes i would

3. Do you prefer a media/mobile tablet like the iPad, Windows tablet PC, or notebook convertible?
    im looking for a windows 8 tablet pc, but a notebook convertible is an option

4. What size Tablet PC would you prefer?

10 to 13-inches
    but if is worth it, im willing to step down to a seven inches

5. Which country do you intent to purchase from [where do you live]?
    im live in Mexico, but im planning to order it from the U.S, that means ill probably will spend a little over 200 extra bucks in shipping and import taxes,

6. Do you have any preferences to brand loyalty or dislikes?
    hate mac and sony, best laptop experiences for me were toshiba, wouldnt mind a samsung or an asus

7. How many hours battery life do you require?
    at least five, but the more the merrier

8. What will be the primary usage scenario of this tablet? (Email/Web Surfing/Drawing/Word Processing/Entertainment/Notetaking etc)
    mostly web surfing, microsoft office, netflix, tv shows from my usb drive, and ocassionally corel draw and photopaint (easy stuff, designing flyers and presentation cards)

9. Do you have an OS preference? For example, do you own an iPhone and a Mac, or are you a Windows fan? Do you own an Android device and use Google services frequently?
    im looking foward for windows 8, i would hate my tablet being little compatible with my regular computer (thats why i hate mac, even the damn bluetooth has compatibility issues

10. What software and tasks do you intend to run? (Microsoft Office or other Word Processing Suite/Photoshop/3D Studio Max/Autocad etc)
    microsoft office, coreldraw, video playback

11. Do you intend on playing Games? If so please list.
    not really, only the occacional stupid facebook timekiller

12. Would you like to stream content through your home theater system?
    would love to, i usually stream from my laptop to my ps3 and or my samsung series 8 led tv, would be great to do the same with my tablet

1. Any preference on screen resolution?
    720 would be ok, but would love full hd, i really want one with hdmi

2. Will you be using the tablet outdoors? Do you need to be able to see it through glare from the sun?
    outdoors not very often, but my city gets too much sun, in my office the damn blinds are translucent and is usually hard to see the screen of my laptop

3. Do you require a pen? With or without pressure sensitivity? Do you prefer Wacom or N-trig?
    until now I had not thought about it

Component Specifics

1. What size Hard Drive and Memory do you require? Would you like expandable memory?
    at least 64 gb, of course i would like expandable memory

2. What sort of inputs do you require, if any? Would you like full-sized USB and SD card slots? Are microUSB and microSD ok? Do you require HDMI inputs?
    i need an hdmi output, would be a shame to not take advantage of my fatass led screen, i would like to have regular usb inputs, but it wouldnt be the end of the world to have micro usb inputs, micro sd is ok

Misc
    1. Other non specific items ~ please add other items you require not covered above?
    i really would like to have a decent back camera, at least 5mp, 8 would be great, flash is not necessary but it would be nice to have one
    an included keyboard would be great

2. Additional requests ~ anything other you wish to take into consideration?
    strong enough to survive a household with two ten year olds
    would love to get a core i5 processor, but for that price i dont think thats an option

hello, thanks for spending time to read this

Seeking a tablet with Windows 8, as I like to have compatibility with my computer at home, plus I'm familiar with windows
    I live in mexico but unfortunately there are not many windows 8 options in the market and the few that there are are too expensive
    so I plan to import a tablet from the U.S.A. which means i will spend about 200 dollars in shipping and import taxes, so Im looking foward to spend about 600 dollars on the tablet, maybe a little bit more.

I had already looked around, and really liked the asus smart vivotab me400
    at first I thought (and still do) it had really good features for its price (500 plus 100 for the keyboard and case).
    but the more I read reviews, I keep seeing complaints about it being overpriced, so I guess that means there are tablets with the same features for a lower price or better tablets for the same price
    do not know if that means there are tablets with core i3 or i5 for $ 600

so I'm starting the search again and would appreciate a little guidance

Greetings

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Default Re: best windows 8 tablet for about $600?

You can get the base Fujtisu Q702 for about $700, I know it is a little more than what you are looking for, but it has two usb ports, a full size SD card slot, full HDMI, and is a business grade machine. It comes with an i3 cpu, 64gb of space and pen support for those time you may need it. The only down side is the optional keyboard, which add longer battery life.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by lasher_productions View Post
    but the more I read reviews, I keep seeing complaints about it being overpriced, so I guess that means there are tablets with the same features for a lower price or better tablets for the same price
    do not know if that means there are tablets with core i3 or i5 for $ 600
    The thing to realize is that 'professional' reviewers are pretty clueless when it comes to the tablet PC market, and have no idea what their basis of comparison should be. For example, the Surface Pro was often blasted as being 'way' overpriced, when in fact it is an excellent deal. Why did they say it was overpriced? Because they compared it to the iPad. Is this a valid basis of comparison? Not really. The iPad is a toy, and the Surface Pro is definitively not. The only thing in the same category as the Surface Pro is the Samsung 700T, but I did not see a single 'professional' review comparing them.

My advice to you is: be skeptical when reading reviews. If they say it's overpriced, which devices do they say are more reasonably priced? Are those devices actually comparable to the VivoTab? More specifically: would they be logical substitutes, given your use case?
    Thinkpad X41t | Thinkpad X61t | Motion Computing CL900 | Microsoft Surface Pro

bloodycape the fujitsu sounds great, but i cant find any at $700 not even on the fujitsu customize webpage, could you point me in the right direction?

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Try newegg or amazon.

meow9th you have a good point, what are your thoughs on the vivotab smart?

Quote Originally Posted by bloodycape View Post
    Try newegg or amazon.
    nice, i had totally forgoten about newegg

Thread Information