02-03-2013, 05:37 PM #1
- Join Date
- Feb 2013
- Rep Power
Controversial question - should I buy a playbook?
I've been looking at getting a Nexus 7 for quite a while but recently happened to use a Blackberry Playbook, which I was quite impressed with and is available for half the price. As I'm a student, owning a decent tablet for ~£100 sounds very appealing, but I don't want to waste that money on something that is rubbish (even if initially impressive) if a little more saving could have gotten me a Nexus.
I lean towards the Playbook because it is well built, seems quick and easy to use, is cheap, seems to have a good battery life and will sync with my blackberry phone. None of this, however, tells me anything about long term user experience.
My 'which tablet' form...
1. What is your budget?
Up to £200, maybe slightly more for real quality
2. Would you consider purchasing used/refurbished?
If from a reputable firm, yes.
3. Do you prefer a media/mobile tablet like the iPad, Windows tablet PC, or notebook convertible?
4. What size Tablet PC would you prefer?
5. Which country do you intent to purchase from [where do you live]?
6. Do you have any preferences to brand loyalty or dislikes?
Not a huge Apple fan, but nowhere near passionate enough to let that sway me
7. How many hours battery life do you require?
The more the better, 10 seems to be a good benchmark
8. What will be the primary usage scenario of this tablet? (Email/Web Surfing/Drawing/Word Processing/Entertainment/Notetaking etc)
Web surfing, watching videos, studying (PDFs etc.)
9. Do you have an OS preference? For example, do you own an iPhone and a Mac, or are you a Windows fan? Do you own an Android device and use Google services frequently?
OS of choice is Linux Ubuntu
10. What software and tasks do you intend to run? (Microsoft Office or other Word Processing Suite/Photoshop/3D Studio Max/Autocad etc)
Word processing, media player, internet
11. Do you intend on playing Games? If so please list.
Not really, I have an XBOX for that
12. Would you like to stream content through your home theater system?
Would be a nice option, not a priority
1. Any preference on screen resolution?
No, more is better (I think)
2. Will you be using the tablet outdoors? Do you need to be able to see it through glare from the sun?
3. Do you require a pen? With or without pressure sensitivity? Do you prefer Wacom or N-trig?
1. What size Hard Drive and Memory do you require? Would you like expandable memory?
32+ gig hard drive, memory - enough to handle everything I throw at it without lag, expandable memory would be preferable but not vital
2. What sort of inputs do you require, if any? Would you like full-sized USB and SD card slots? Are microUSB and microSD ok? Do you require HDMI inputs?
USB would be good, microUSB and microSD are fine, not overly fussed on HDMI
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)