Looking for Windows Tablet, 6-10hrs battery life, keyboard accessories, and built in battery in accessories acceptable. $2,000 max

+ Reply to Thread
    Pen Pal - Newbie

Default Looking for Windows Tablet, 6-10hrs battery life, keyboard accessories, and built in battery in accessories acceptable. $2,000 max

General Questions.

1. What is your budget?

$2,000 is the maximum, but this is only for a ton of add ons, battery life, raw power, and great display with exceptional build quality. If it is $2,000 and I have to buy accessories it can shove off.

2. Would you consider purchasing used/refurbished?

Not for that amount of money.

3. Do you prefer a media/mobile tablet like the iPad, Windows tablet PC, or notebook convertible?

Windows PC Tablet

4. What size Tablet PC would you prefer?

10 to 13-inches
    Above 13-inches

5. Which country do you intent to purchase from [where do you live]?

United States

6. Do you have any preferences to brand loyalty or dislikes?

Not a huge fan of Dell, but I m willing to give them another shot. Dell Streak was a horrendous marketing and availability nightmare with my carrier and their customer support just continued to fumble the transaction. Although they did warranty the device quite well, but they continued to give me the wrong one.

I ve had good results with Asus and Samsung. I honestly am looking at the best build quality, features, and warranty; yes, I understand warranty is only worth its salt if the company is.

7. How many hours battery life do you require?

4-5hrs+ on the tablet alone is mandatory (closer to 5 the better); I would prefer more, but if the device has a folding keyboard or protective case that has additional battery life then I am open to that. I will need a keyboard and possibly a case regardless for the tablet so adding some battery life like in the Asus Transformer is very welcome!

8. What will be the primary usage scenario of this tablet? (Email/Web Surfing/Drawing/Word Processing/Entertainment/Notetaking etc)

Teaching, school, consumption, project production, possibly photo editing.

9. Do you have an OS preference? For example, do you own an iPhone and a Mac, or are you a Windows fan? Do you own an Android device and use Google services frequently?

Windows 8

10. What software and tasks do you intend to run? (Microsoft Office or other Word Processing Suite/Photoshop/3D Studio Max/Autocad etc)

Office, Word, some Photoshop.

11. Do you intend on playing Games? If so please list.

No, something like the Surface 8's Intel 4000 graphics is plenty.

12. Would you like to stream content through your home theater system?

Had not thought about it, but that would be a great bonus and make a wicked controller.

Screen Specifics

1. Any preference on screen resolution?

1080p is very preferable.

2. Will you be using the tablet outdoors? Do you need to be able to see it through glare from the sun?
    See the above linked FAQ for guidance

Not for primary use.

3. Do you require a pen? With or without pressure sensitivity? Do you prefer Wacom or N-trig?
    See the above linked FAQ for guidance

That would be a nice plus. I ve heard great things about Wacom. I have no experience with N-trig.

Component Specifics

1. What size Hard Drive and Memory do you require? Would you like expandable memory?

128gb SSD is fine. Preferably it has a MicroSD and SD slot so I can add 64 gig cards to boost that. USB is good for external as well. I am setting up cloud storage to hold data for this device and a few others.

2. What sort of inputs do you require, if any? Would you like full-sized USB and SD card slots? Are microUSB and microSD ok? Do you require HDMI inputs?

USB, microSD, HDMI. Those should be a minimum.

Misc
    1. Other non specific items ~ please add other items you require not covered above?

2. Additional requests ~ anything other you wish to take into consideration?

Pen Pal - Newbie

Default Re: Looking for Windows Tablet, 6-10hrs battery life, keyboard accessories, and built in battery in accessories acceptable. $2,000

Do I smell funny?

Thread Information