advice on new tablet

+ Reply to Thread
    Pen Pal - Newbie

Default advice on new tablet

My Lepan 2, I probably will not be able to resurrect. I kinda am interested in Windows 8, but am loyal to Android. Dual boot???!!! I tried blue stacks on my PC before, but it was really cumbersome, and not worth it. So I guess I need the best Android.

It needs to by 9+ inches square... and I would like built in GPS (do they still make them with that?)... But I want to spend less than $500...

Default Re: advice on new tablet

Have you guys heard of Ramos W30HD? JSXL Technology claims Ramos W30HD is a more advanced Tablet PC than Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 because they share the same powerful Samsung Exynos4412 Quad Core Chipset but differ in display:Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 has a 10.1 inch 1280X800 resolution IPS screen,but Ramos W30HD has a 10.1 inch 1900X1200 resolution Retina display. Whatsoever,any idea or recommendation about owning a piece of it? Is it worth buying?

Pen Pal - Newbie

I looked up that tab. It looks pretty, for a pretty price. Nice resolution! The same as my HDTV. It ticks most of my boxes... xcept (gps).

Pen Pal - Newbie

This tablet an Asus seems to fit better... Asus TF300T-B1-BL 32GB Transformer Tablet Blue - Ice Cream Sandwich

Pen Pal - Newbie

Better late than never: I've posted here before, but I forgot there was rules:

1. What is your budget?
    <500

2. Would you consider purchasing used/refurbished? yes

3. Do you prefer a media/mobile tablet like the iPad, Windows tablet PC, or notebook convertible?
    I am loyal to Android. But I am dreaming of a Dual-boot Win8+Android. Convertable?!!? I've perused them before, but didn't buy.

4. What size Tablet PC would you prefer?
    •5 to7-inches
    •7.1 to 10-inches I have a 9.7 and that is ok.
    •10 to 13-inches This size - X
    •Above 13-inches

5. Which country do you intent to purchase from [where do you live]? - I don't care. I live in US.

6. Do you have any preferences to brand loyalty or dislikes? Nope.

7. How many hours battery life do you require? 4hr.

8. What will be the primary usage scenario of this tablet? (Email/Web Surfing/Drawing/Word Processing/Entertainment/Notetaking etc) Word Processing, Notes. GPS, Web.

9. Do you have an OS preference? For example, do you own an iPhone and a Mac, or are you a Windows fan? Do you own an Android device and use Google services frequently?

Android Device - and I use the Google market.. I am also a windows fan.

10. What software and tasks do you intend to run? (Microsoft Office or other Word Processing Suite/Photoshop/3D Studio Max/Autocad etc)

I use Office (but the Android Office...). I am into Chinese, So I use Pleco. PDF readers and annotators - EzPDF.

11. Do you intend on playing Games? If so please list.
    Chinese learning games.

12. Would you like to stream content through your home theater system? - Maybe, maybe not. I saw one that had ports for VGA, and/or hdmi, but not deal breakers.

Screen Specifics

1. Any preference on screen resolution? needs to be better than 1024x768

2. Will you be using the tablet outdoors? Do you need to be able to see it through glare from the sun? NO
    See the above linked FAQ for guidance

3. Do you require a pen? With or without pressure sensitivity? Do you prefer Wacom or N-trig? NO
    See the above linked FAQ for guidance

Component Specifics

1. What size Hard Drive and Memory do you require? Would you like expandable memory? Yes... 32gb

2. What sort of inputs do you require, if any? Would you like full-sized USB and SD card slots? Are microUSB and microSD ok? Do you require HDMI inputs? surprise me.

Misc
    1. Other non specific items ~ please add other items you require not covered above? I need built-in GPS. Faster the better, but not too expensive. I was looking at a quad-core 1.2ghz. asus. Another deal-breaker - I need a Rear-Facing camera --- NOT JUST A front one.

2. Additional requests ~ anything other you wish to take into consideration?

Thread Information