12-23-2012, 03:40 PM #1
- Join Date
- Dec 2012
- Rep Power
Going paperless, what should we get?
My veterinary clinic is going paperless, but not all of our doctors have efficient typing skills. Because of that we're in the market for a tablet with good to excellent handwriting recognition. I used the convertible Toshiba Satellite in vet school and loved it, but Windows 8 has changed the game. I now have no idea what the best option is!
1. What is your budget?
Up to $1200, but the lower the better.
2. Would you consider purchasing used/refurbished?
3. Do you prefer a media/mobile tablet like the iPad, Windows tablet PC, or notebook convertible?
I'd really prefer something that was in some way convertible.
4. What size Tablet PC would you prefer?
10-inches or higher
5. Which country do you intent to purchase from [where do you live]?
6. Do you have any preferences to brand loyalty or dislikes?
7. How many hours battery life do you require?
At least 4.
8. What will be the primary usage scenario of this tablet? (Email/Web Surfing/Drawing/Word Processing/Entertainment/Notetaking etc)
Note taking/web surfing
9. Do you have an OS preference? For example, do you own an iPhone and a Mac, or are you a Windows fan? Do you own an Android device and use Google services frequently?
I'd prefer Windows or Droid.
10. What software and tasks do you intend to run? (Microsoft Office or other Word Processing Suite/Photoshop/3D Studio Max/Autocad etc)
Open office and cloud/web based clinic software.
11. Do you intend on playing Games? If so please list.
12. Would you like to stream content through your home theater system?
1. Any preference on screen resolution?
2. Will you be using the tablet outdoors? Do you need to be able to see it through glare from the sun? Potentially, but this isn't a frequent scenario.
See the above linked FAQ for guidance
3. Do you require a pen? With or without pressure sensitivity? Do you prefer Wacom or N-trig?
Yes. I prefer Wacom.
1. What size Hard Drive and Memory do you require? Would you like expandable memory?
Expandable is always good. Just needs to be big enough to run basic programs and web surf.
2. What sort of inputs do you require, if any? Would you like full-sized USB and SD card slots? Are microUSB and microSD ok? Do you require HDMI inputs?
Prefer full-sized USB/SD.
1. Other non specific items ~ please add other items you require not covered above?
Will mostly be used sitting in exam rooms, so doesn't have to be featherweight.
2. Additional requests ~ anything other you wish to take into consideration?
Thanks for your help!
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)