12-17-2012, 10:56 PM #1
- Join Date
- Dec 2012
- Rep Power
Looking for a Photoshop/Maya friend tablet PC.
1. What is your budget? 1000
2. Would you consider purchasing used/refurbished? Yes
3. Do you prefer a media/mobile tablet like the iPad, Windows tablet PC, or notebook convertible? It needs to be up gradable in some way.
4. What size Tablet PC would you prefer? 13+
7.1 to 10-inches
10 to 13-inches
5. Which country do you intent to purchase from [where do you live]? Canada
6. Do you have any preferences to brand loyalty or dislikes? Absolutely no apple products.
7. How many hours battery life do you require? Nothing major, more is better, but I wont be using this on the bus or anything.
8. What will be the primary usage scenario of this tablet? (Email/Web Surfing/Drawing/Word Processing/Entertainment/Notetaking etc) Photoshop and 3D modelling
9. Do you have an OS preference? For example, do you own an iPhone and a Mac, or are you a Windows fan? Do you own an Android device and use Google services frequently? Windows.
10. What software and tasks do you intend to run? (Microsoft Office or other Word Processing Suite/Photoshop/3D Studio Max/Autocad etc) Photoshop, Maya, Xsi, Mudbox and Zbrush.
11. Do you intend on playing Games? If so please list. Torchlight 2, planetside 2, Fallout NV and Swtor are the only game I play now.
12. Would you like to stream content through your home theater system? No
1. Any preference on screen resolution? None
2. Will you be using the tablet outdoors? Do you need to be able to see it through glare from the sun? See the above linked FAQ for guidance It would be nice but I could go without.
3. Do you require a pen? With or without pressure sensitivity? Do you prefer Wacom or N-trig? See the above linked FAQ for guidance Wacom, this part if very important.
1. What size Hard Drive and Memory do you require? Would you like expandable memory?
Any size, 500GB is more than enough. SSD would be nice but not required. It needs to have room for improvement for the future as I will add in more ram
2. What sort of inputs do you require, if any? Would you like full-sized USB and SD card slots? Are microUSB and microSD ok? Do you require HDMI inputs? A full sized usb is a must. A hdmi input would be a big plus
1. Other non specific items ~ please add other items you require not covered above? None atm
2. Additional requests ~ anything other you wish to take into consideration? Battery life and size are after thoughts. I have a very powerful desktop and use a extra large intuos 4. I am tired of carrying it somewhere when I want to draw. The only thing I care about with this tablet is the most power for the price.
12-19-2012, 07:05 PM #2
Re: Looking for a Photoshop/Maya friend tablet PC.
The only 13+ inch screen on a current gen tabletPC is the T902 or T901. You could maybe get a used T900, but the older they get the more they will struggle with 3D modelling.
The most power for your buck right now is the Lenovo X230t , but it has a smaller screen and lower resolution.My Fujitsu T902
-i7-3520M -16 gigs of RAM -512 gig SSD -extra modular bay battery -Wacom penabled dual digitizer 13.3" 1600x900
Wife's Sony Vaio Duo 13
-i5 4200U -8 gigs RAM -256 gig SSD -Ntrig Duosense 2 dual digitizer 13.3" 1920x1080
2D animator and illustrator - Sketchbook: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=272229
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)