12-07-2012, 10:37 AM #1
- Join Date
- Dec 2012
- Rep Power
Powerful Windows 8 tablet to replace my Windows 7 notebook
Previous product: Sony VAIO S notebook (Intel Core i5, AMD Radeon HD6630M, 1.6kg, 13", 5 hrs battery, $999)
1. What is your budget?
$500 - $1500, less than $1000 preferred
2. Would you consider purchasing used/refurbished?
3. Do you prefer a media/mobile tablet like the iPad, Windows tablet PC, or notebook convertible?
4. What size Tablet PC would you prefer?
10" or more, 13" preferred
5. Which country do you intent to purchase from [where do you live]?
6. Do you have any preferences to brand loyalty or dislikes?
7. How many hours battery life do you require?
6 hours of normal usage (like web browsing, but no manufacturer claims), more than 8 hours preferred
8. What will be the primary usage scenario of this tablet?
Email, Web surfing, Word processing, watching videos, music, note taking, photo editing, movie editing
9. Do you have an OS preference?
10. What software and tasks do you intend to run?
Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere, Evernote, OneNote MX
11. Do you intend on playing Games? If so please list.
Fruit Ninja, The Sims 3, NFS:Most Wanted (low quality is OK)
12. Would you like to stream content through your home theater system?
1. Any preference on screen resolution?
1366x768 and up, must be 16:9, 1080p preferred
2. Will you be using the tablet outdoors? Do you need to be able to see it through glare from the sun?
3. Do you require a pen?
1. What size Hard Drive and Memory do you require? Would you like expandable memory?
if less than 120 GB --> need expandable memory to make it 120, or replaceable SSD/HDD (for example: non-soldered mSATA)
4 GB of RAM minimum (upgradeable preferred)
2. What sort of inputs do you require, if any? Would you like full-sized USB and SD card slots? Are microUSB and microSD ok? Do you require HDMI inputs?
USB, SD, HDMI, VGA, 3.5mm audio, via an additional adapter is OK
Intel Core i5 or i7. Value for money is important (i5 doesn't deserve more than $1200)
No more than 1.2 kg (excluding docking station, keyboard dock, etc)
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)