Thread: Looking into a tablet for school
11-29-2012, 01:45 PM #1
- Join Date
- Nov 2012
- Rep Power
Looking into a tablet for school
1. What is your budget?
300 euro, should be equal to 300 dollars in what I can actually buy
2. Would you consider purchasing used/refurbished?
I can't really find any in my area, so nope.
3. Do you prefer a media/mobile tablet like the iPad, Windows tablet PC, or notebook convertible?
Something in between, not a convertible though (all are out of my price range =P )
4. What size Tablet PC would you prefer?
Between 7 and 10 inches would be perfect, the larger the better though.
5. Which country do you intent to purchase from [where do you live]?
Either in Croatia, Austria or Germany, depending on where I can find the best deal.
6. Do you have any preferences to brand loyalty or dislikes?
I don't like Apple =P
7. How many hours battery life do you require?
8. What will be the primary usage scenario of this tablet? (Email/Web Surfing/Drawing/Word Processing/Entertainment/Notetaking etc)
Web surfing and watching videos mostly while I'm at home, notetaking, making tables and probably taking pictures of textbooks so I don't have to carry them for school.
9. Do you have an OS preference? For example, do you own an iPhone and a Mac, or are you a Windows fan? Do you own an Android device and use Google services frequently?
I'd prefer W8 but I understand that that is out of the question in my price range, so Android.
10. What software and tasks do you intend to run? (Microsoft Office or other Word Processing Suite/Photoshop/3D Studio Max/Autocad etc)
Web browser, media player, and something I can take notes and make tables with. I do most of the heavier stuff on my laptop.
11. Do you intend on playing Games? If so please list.
Probably something completely causal like Angry Birds.
12. Would you like to stream content through your home theater system?
1. Any preference on screen resolution?
Whatever is considered mid range would be fine, I don't need anything high end.
2. Will you be using the tablet outdoors? Do you need to be able to see it through glare from the sun?
It would be a bonus, but it's not necessary. I most likely won't be using it outside.
3. Do you require a pen? With or without pressure sensitivity? Do you prefer Wacom or N-trig?
1. What size Hard Drive and Memory do you require? Would you like expandable memory?
16GB would be more than fine.
2. What sort of inputs do you require, if any? Would you like full-sized USB and SD card slots? Are microUSB and microSD ok? Do you require HDMI inputs?
Full sized usb would be nice, but not necessary. SD card too. microUSB would be a bare minimum. I don't need HMI.
1. Other non specific items ~ please add other items you require not covered above?
The build quality should be decent, but doesn't have to be too tough.
2. Additional requests ~ anything other you wish to take into consideration?
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)