Digital art hardware comparison: Samsung ATIV Smart PC vs Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 vs Fujitsu T902

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Pen Pro - Senior Member

Default Digital art hardware comparison: Samsung ATIV Smart PC vs Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 vs Fujitsu T902

Instead of doing a half a**ed video review of the Samsung ATIV Smart PC 500T, I decided that it would be much more interesting to do a video comparison of it to 2 other very different tablets that are also equipped with the same Wacom digitizer for their capabilities as a digital art machines:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncegf0Em7m4
    Last edited by Shogmaster; 11-10-2012 at 02:12 PM.
    http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2766&dateline=1273874722

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Default Re: Digital art hardware comparison: Samsung ATIV Smart PC vs Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 vs Fujitsu T902

looking forward to this, it says it is currently processing...
    My Fujitsu T902
    -i7-3520M -16 gigs of RAM -512 gig SSD -extra modular bay battery -Wacom penabled dual digitizer 13.3" 1600x900

Wife's Sony Vaio Duo 13
    -i5 4200U -8 gigs RAM -256 gig SSD -Ntrig Duosense 2 dual digitizer 13.3" 1920x1080

2D animator and illustrator - Sketchbook: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=272229

Default Re: Digital art hardware comparison: Samsung ATIV Smart PC vs Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 vs Fujitsu T902

Sounds great, I read through the ongoing thread Shogmaster started in the Samsung forum. Really interested in the Smart PC at this point, mainly for use as a digital sketchpad. Only thing holding me back is wondering how well it'll keep up with a say 1920x1080 20+ layer file in PS or sketchbook. Considering the previous generation slates that can keep up with that workload are available on ebay for $600-$700.

Anyway, I'm excited to checkout the video! Still processing.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Holy Crikey... How is it still processing? Been over 5 hours!

Jargoneer, the comparo is not for the pro version. I can't find that yet for sale in LA...

Haha yeah, I was going to ask if I was reading the forum time-stamps correctly. How long is the video? Maybe you can upload it again, I've never had that happen but I'm usually only uploading videos of 3 minutes or less.

The non pro version is the version I'm actually interested in at the moment. The low weight and long battery life are what is appealing to me about the 500t (I've been using a 13" Asus R1F for digital sketching for the last five years, which weighs in at like 4.5 lbs and the battery for practical purposes died long ago). The Pro does sound awesome, but is more than I want to spend - but I suppose I might convince myself in the next month.

Scribbler - Standard Member

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Last edited by Shogmaster; 11-10-2012 at 02:13 PM.
    http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2766&dateline=1273874722

Thanks Shog, the comparison between the three definitely helped me make up my mind. I'll wait and see how the Pro performs. Again I currently draw on an old Asus R1F, even with its aging core2duo I never really have to deal with brush lag in sketchbook or PS, so getting something like the standard ATIV Smart PC wouldn't really feel like an upgrade.

Looks tolerable for light sketching, but like you say in the video, past the penciling stage into rendering it seems like it would be pretty frustrating to deal with.

Thanks again for taking the time to do this, what you demoed in the video is exactly what I was wanting to see.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Glad to help!

Scribbler - Standard Member

That was very informative and helpful to me as well - thanks!

It verified my concerns about the 500T not having the horsepower I would need for my work. I look forward to reports of the ATIV Pro, but for now the T902 looks like the best choice for my needs.

Comparisons aside, it was also cool just to see how Painter performs on the T902.

Thread Information