Thread: Tablet for video playback
11-09-2012, 12:41 PM #1
- Join Date
- Aug 2007
- Rep Power
Tablet for video playback
1. What is your budget?
2. Would you consider purchasing used/refurbished?
3. Do you prefer a media/mobile tablet like the iPad, Windows tablet PC, or notebook convertible?
4. What size Tablet PC would you prefer?
•7.1 to 10-inches
•10 to 13-inches
5. Which country do you intent to purchase from [where do you live]?
6. Do you have any preferences to brand loyalty or dislikes?
7. How many hours battery life do you require?
8. What will be the primary usage scenario of this tablet? (Email/Web Surfing/Drawing/Word Processing/Entertainment/Notetaking etc)
This is the most imporant since I'm mostly looking to use this to watch AVI format videos and read comics (cbz format - otherwise can be converted to jpeg so shouldn't be an issue). As long as video playback is not laggy and is clear, that's the primary usage.
9. Do you have an OS preference? For example, do you own an iPhone and a Mac, or are you a Windows fan? Do you own an Android device and use Google services frequently?
10. What software and tasks do you intend to run? (Microsoft Office or other Word Processing Suite/Photoshop/3D Studio Max/Autocad etc)
11. Do you intend on playing Games? If so please list.
12. Would you like to stream content through your home theater system?
1. Any preference on screen resolution?
2. Will you be using the tablet outdoors? Do you need to be able to see it through glare from the sun?
3. Do you require a pen? With or without pressure sensitivity? Do you prefer Wacom or N-trig?
1. What size Hard Drive and Memory do you require? Would you like expandable memory?
16-32 gb, expandable preferably.
2. What sort of inputs do you require, if any? Would you like full-sized USB and SD card slots? Are microUSB and microSD ok? Do you require HDMI inputs?
Expandable memory is a plus
1. Other non specific items ~ please add other items you require not covered above?
2. Additional requests ~ anything other you wish to take into consideration?
Just want to recap, I'll be using this tablet mostly for travel to watch shows or movies in AVI format. So I want to be able to move files from my computer to the tablet seamlessly and watch them on the tablet. I also enjoy reading digital comic books, usually they come in CBZ format, but can be converted to JPG/JPEG so the gallery can easily open those. Again, the focus is that video playback does not lag.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)