Thread: I need help buying a tablet
05-08-2012, 04:07 PM #1
- Join Date
- May 2012
- Rep Power
I need help buying a tablet
1. What is your budget? $700
2. Would you consider purchasing used/refurbished? Not a preferred option.
3. Do you prefer a Slate, Convertible or Ultra Mobile PC (UMPC)? Slate I believe.
4. What size Tablet PC would you prefer? Compact
5. Which country do you intent to purchase from? USA
6. Do you have any preferences to brand loyalty or dislikes? None, this would be my first tablet.
7. How many hours battery life do you require? 6 to 8 hours
8. What will be the primary usage scenario of this tablet? (Email/Web Surfing/Drawing/Word Processing/Entertainment/Notetaking etc) Primary purpose would be notetaking, email, and storage of a copious amount of rulebooks for my nerdy hobbies. Tablet games wouldn't be a priority
9. Do you have an OS preference? Android or iOS. If a Windows solution is available and well supported I'd be interested though.
10. What software and tasks do you intend to run? (Microsoft Office or other Word Processing Suite/Photoshop/3D Studio Max/Autocad etc) MS Office, adobe acrobat, one note.
10. Do you intend on playing Games? If so please list. Casual stuff as my computer is still for serious gaming.
1. What resolution do you prefer? XGA?
2. Do you require the screen to be readable in sunlight? Yes.
3. Do you prefer your display to be glossy or matte? Glossy.
4. Do you require Touch? (without pressure sensitivity) (Which one: resistive or capacitive) I'd prefer touch and capacitive is only one I've had experience with I believe.
5. Do you require a Pen? (with pressure sensitivity) (Which one: Wacom or N-Trig) Not required, no.
1. What size Hard Drive and Memory do you require? 32 GB
2. Do you require an Optical (CD/DVD) Drive to be built in? No
3. Do you require ability to add a second Battery or Hard Drive (Modular Bay technology)? No
1. Other non specific items ~ please add other items you require not covered above? N/a
2. Additional requests ~ anything other you wish to take into consideration? I've been looking for a tablet for some time but I'm having a hard time making an informed decision. The iPad 3 is interesing as I've used ones that friends own and they work well. I was also interested in the Galaxy Tab at one point as well as the Asus Transformer (because of the quad core processing). I'd like a fairly robust app store, marketplace, what have you. Any suggestions or advice would be most welcome.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)