Thread: tablet for ereading/ note taker
11-27-2011, 02:59 PM #1
- Join Date
- Nov 2011
- Rep Power
tablet for ereading/ note taker
1. What is your budget?
£250 - £300 could probably stretch to £350
2. Would you consider purchasing used/refurbished?
Refurbished - yes, used - only if from a very trusted supplier
3. Do you prefer a Slate, Convertible or Ultra Mobile PC (UMPC)?
4. What size Tablet PC would you prefer?
anything above 7"+ is fine
5. Which country do you intent to purchase from?
6. Do you have any preferences to brand loyalty or dislikes?
nope, i hate fan boys.
7. How many hours battery life do you require?
Obviously as many as possible
8. What will be the primary usage scenario of this tablet? (Email/Web Surfing/Drawing/Word Processing/Entertainment/Notetaking etc)
Ereading, note taking, marking students work
9. Do you have an OS preference?
Yes, Android 3.0+
10. What software and tasks do you intend to run? (Microsoft Office or other Word Processing Suite/Photoshop/3D Studio Max/Autocad etc)
Word processor, Ereading software, image viewing, short video display (portfolio), minor audio (for when reading)
10. Do you intend on playing Games? If so please list.
maybe solitare, angry birds etc nothing intense.
1. What resolution do you prefer?
Dont mind aslong as its not rediculous (i.e. 800x600). would preferably like HD
2. Do you require the screen to be readable in sunlight?
would be nice, but probably not possible, i hate eink (dont ask)
3. Do you prefer your display to be glossy or matte?
Matte but that wont happen so glossy is fine too.
4. Do you require Touch? (without pressure sensitivity) (Which one: resistive or capacitive)
MUST be capacite
5. Do you require a Pen? (with pressure sensitivity) (Which one: Wacom or N-Trig)
would love a stylus but it isnt essential and can alsways buy one later to add on.
1. What size Hard Drive and Memory do you require?
Hd space needs to be expandable via sd and prob an absolute minimum of 4Gb onboard (pref 8Gb)
2. Do you require an Optical (CD/DVD) Drive to be built in?
3. Do you require ability to add a second Battery or Hard Drive (Modular Bay technology)?
1. Other non specific items ~ please add other items you require not covered above?
Either a USB port (to plug in a keyboard) or bluetooth (to connect one) or some other method of having a detatchable keyboard would be fantastic but isnt really essential.
2. Additional requests ~ anything other you wish to take into consideration?
i dont want one with a keyboard built in (physical), i probably wont be using it all that often its just something i would like.
cameras probably will recieve extrememly minimal use if any.
Wifi is a must.
3G isnt, i probably wont use it.
Would like to point out the reason why i want a tablet rather than an ereader is that a. i hate eink (it just buggers up my eyes, nuf said) and b. i mark students work which is in SO many differant formats that no ereader will support all of them.
really appreciate the help, thanks
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)