Thread: Tablet for notetaking
12-17-2009, 12:11 PM #1
- Join Date
- Feb 2009
- Rep Power
Tablet for notetaking
I want to take all of my notes with a Tablet. I have never used a tablet so I am unsure if I will like one. That is why I would like a cheaper tablet to test to see if I like to use one.
I have been looking online and have found the following:
- IBM X41 Tablet
- HP TC4200
- Fujitsu ST4121
The X41 and TC4200 I can get local for $400. I do like the outdoor screen that the ST4121 has. The ST4121 is also $100 cheaper. I still don't know if I will like the convertible or the slate more. It is also a P3, I don't think that it will matter that much for OneNote. The case for the ST4121 is pretty cool too.
Mostly looking at buying refurbished or used, to keep the price down.
1. What is your budget?
2. Would you consider purchasing used/refurbished?
3. Do you prefer a Slate, Convertible or Ultra Mobile PC (UMPC)?
Convertible, unsure if I would like Slate
4. What size Tablet PC would you prefer?
5. Which country do you intent to purchase from?
6. Do you have any preferences to brand loyalty or dislikes?
Like Lenovo, dislike Acer; not really set in stone
7. How many hours battery life do you require?
> 5 hours
8. What will be the primary usage scenario of this tablet? (Email/Web Surfing/Drawing/Word Processing/Entertainment/Notetaking etc)
Notetaking and Web surfing, and maybe some programming
9. Do you have an OS preference?
Windows xp, 7, Linux(Ubuntu)
10. What software and tasks do you intend to run? (Microsoft Office or other Word Processing Suite/Photoshop/3D Studio Max/Autocad etc)
10. Do you intend on playing Games? If so please list.
Not, really. Maybe some older games, like the original Fallouts, or older strategy games.
1. Do you prefer a standard or widescreen display?
2. What resolution do you prefer?
XGA or better
3. Do you require the screen to be readable in sunlight?
I would really like the outdoor screen
4. Do you prefer your display to be glossy or matte?
5. Do you require Touch? (Which one: passive or capacitive)
No, would be nice, but not necessary.
6. Do you require a Digitizer Pen ? (Which one: Wacom, Finepoint, or N-Trig Technology)
Wacom, best driver support
7. Do you require pressure sensitivity?
Not really, it would be a bonus
1. What size Hard Drive and Memory do you require?
2. Do you require an Optical (CD/DVD) Drive to be built in?
No, I have an external
3. Do you require ability to add a second Battery or Hard Drive (Modular Bay technology)?
2nd battery would be nice, but is not required.
1. Other non specific items ~ please add other items you require not covered above?
2. Additional requests ~ anything other you wish to take into consideration?
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)