What's the smallest tablet that can run corel painter?

+ Reply to Thread
    Pen Pal - Newbie

Default What's the smallest tablet that can run corel painter?

Yes, it's me again. I'm really sorry, but I've been searching for weeks now, and you all seem to be the most knowledgable. My only requirement is that it can run corel painter. I want the smallest device possible. That's an odd request, but what I need. The ability to be mobile with corel painter is a requirement for me.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Default Re: What's the smallest tablet that can run corel painter?

The Fujitsu U820 should be able to run it. It only has a 5.6" screen and weighs 1.3 pounds, HOWEVER, it only has resistive touch and a atom processor so I think that using painter will be a painful process. If you have the $$$ the XT2 is pretty svelte.

Pen Pal - Newbie

Wow! Maybe that's a little smaller than I was thinking! I didn't realize the specs could be like that on something so small. I really like 7', 8.9' and 10'. Is there anything that size that will work?
    My biggest concern is with the required screen resolution; 1024X786. Everything I find that's small is 1024X600, but meets all the other system requirements.
    Thanks for the quick reply!

Pen Pro - Senior Member

I would just go with a 12.1" machine. There is the Asus T91 but you are still dealing with a resistive touch display which is not optimal if you are doing art work, it has a 8.9 display on it though... it just depends on what your priorities are and what you are willing to compromise. The 12.1" machines will have active digitizers, better processors, and really are not that tough to lug around with you (I have the M700 which is toward the heftier side of the 12.1" spectrum and it's not that bad).

Pen Pal - Newbie

I think I might go to 12.1'
    Unless of course the asus t91 will work? I didn't think it met the requirements for resolution? That's the tablet I'd like to use, especially as it's cheap, but will corel painter run on it?
    Thanks again. Sorry for all the questions.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

I think that it will technically run it, but again you are looking at an atom processor. The atom line is fine for doing internet surfing or some document editing , but I would be hard pressed to recommend it for image manipulation. I believe that the screen itself is 1024x600 (typical netbook resolution). Since I don't use Corel painter and was only looking at the specs from the website I was not aware that the resolution was hard and fast (some apps will allow you to run in less than optimal resolution, but you get a warning about it).

Pen Pal - Newbie

After some more research, I've become interested in the hp tc1100. Will that run corel painter?

Pen Pro - Senior Member

According to THIS post it looks like it should.

Thread Information