01-23-2009, 01:34 AM #1
- Join Date
- Jan 2009
- Rep Power
best artist tablet for Sketchbook pro, premiere, Maya and visual studio
I am about to make the jump, return my cintiq and purchase a tablet. It's good economic as I plan on spending 900$ more than a 12wx (so in the 2000$ range)
Given that I work mostly in sketchbook pro, premiere pro and maya 3d, in low res footage and 3d models so I don't anticipate needing much horse power (hell I can work on my macbook with the nasty x1300). I am very picky about responsiveness and the feel of the pen/touch.
I also travel a lot so I like sturdy and long batery life.
Given all these parameters, I would like to hear everyone's experience and recommendation.
1. What is your budget?
2. Do you prefer a Slate, Convertible or Ultra Mobile PC (UMPC)?
3. What size Tablet PC would you prefer?
* Mainstream ~ 12.1"
* Large ~ 14"
4. Which country do you intent to purchase from?
6. How many hours battery life do you require?
at least 5hr
7. What do you intend to use the Tablet for?
3d animation on low poly, lowrez editing, sketchbook pro
8. Do you have an OS preference?
9. What software and tasks do you intend to run?
maya, premier pro, sketchbook pro
10. Do you intend playing Games. If so please list.
1. Do you prefer standard or widescreen?
2. What resolution do you prefer?
* SXGA - 1400x1050 ~ Small text and graphic icons which require good vision but the gain is a much larger screen. (no longer available new, must look for used or refurbished machines)
* WXGA - 1280x768 ~ Wider viewing angle of XGA but ideal for viewing Spreadsheets and other programs that require desktop space. (Only resolution available in new tablets circa mid 2008)
3. Do you require an Indoor only or Indoor/Outdoor screen option?
4. Do you require a Passive or Active Digitizer?
5. Do you require Wacom, Finepoint, or N-Trig Technology?
1. What size Hard Drive and Memory do you require?
2. Do you require an Optical Drive?
3. Do you require ability to add a second Battery or Hard Drive (Modular Bay technology)?
would be nice but not if single battery lasts long enough
1. Other non specific items ~ please add other items you require not covered above?
multi touch would be nice for later
2. Additional requests ~ anything other you wish to take into consideration?
I probably need rugged and light
Last edited by daslolo; 01-23-2009 at 01:47 AM.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)