Zeroshock III and T4220?

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by Splint, Jul 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Splint

Splint Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi,

I'm looking for a waterproof sleeve for my T4220. The Zeroshock III looks good but I'd like to know how well the T4220 fits inside before I buy.

Can anyone suggest any alternate sleeves (waterproof) for the T4220?

Thanks
    Splint

2. Agent 9

Agent 9 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

From what I have heard of those zeroshock sleeves is that they are overrated (they aren't that resistant to shock or drops/ hits), and are NOT waterproof, but water resistant (so it should save you from water spills, but should not be tossed into a lake/ river/ bathtub, or left out in the rain)

If you want a true waterproof case for your computer you should get a good and pretty thick laptop sleeve (one made for a 13.3" laptop should fit the T4220 well beause it is a 12.1" 1.5" thick Tablet PC), then a good sized pelican case (or just the pelican case) as nothing else will be as tough or submersible in water as a pelican case (and don't go for a pelican case knock off, you will regret it later when it fails miserable, it isn't worth the little money you might save)

otherwise if you are looking for a cheaper and not as water proof solution you can get a notebook sleeve and a 'drybag' (usually made for kayaking and other water sports, it is water proof as long as you don't submerge it under water or be extremely rough with it) like this one SealLine Black Canyon Dry Bag - 10 Liters at REI.com or one of these dry bag at REI.com I have a light nylon 22" x 13" (when lying flat) dry bag as well as a thicker heavy nylon/ rubber one that is 36" x 19" (when flat) and I have found them to be the only thing I trust to keep things dry -though I don't submerse my things underwater (the small one will easily fit my Tablet PC with a sleeve and a ton of other stuff, or my Nikon D200 and a ton of extras; I haven't found that much use for the large one because it is just so large and I don't usually need that much space -though I'm sure it will come handy one of these days. I bought these at a large discount from one of REI's 'garage sales' that go on several times a year which is a great place to get your hands on expensive gear that has some wear and tear at awesome prices)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.