Zbook X2 just anounced

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by dv8nathan, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<…This would be absolutely ideal, but it's the only thing of it's kind I can find and the AC adapter is only 45 Watts...>>

@incredulous ...I may have found an alternative for you, the Omni 20 USB-C:

http://www.omnicharge.co/products/omni-20-usb-c/

upload_2018-9-9_13-32-51.png

It features a 72 Wh internal battery and USB-C Power Delivery technology and also pass-through charging, the latter much like the Dell hybrid charger mentioned earlier in this thread except that PD will deliver up to 60 W. It's a little expensive at $200, but it's also unique in terms of its capabilities.

upload_2018-9-9_13-43-51.png

Also, see this post about another Omnicharge product:

http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/threads/omni-ultimate-external-battery.74521/

2. incredulous

incredulous Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks @Steve S, that looks extremely interesting and Omnicharge is not a brand I was aware of.
    I've had a read of the website and the amount of configurability is impressive - clearly intended for professionals too, which is reassuring.

There's a dealer in London, so I'll take a look in person.

Cheers for the heads up.
    I've passed the indegogo link for the Ultimate product on to a film maker friend too.

3. Steve S

A general question: Has anyone seen or heard anything that would suggest that HP is going to refresh the ZBook X2? Conversely, anyone heard that the X2, like the Z Canvas, might be a "one and done " product?

4. incredulous

incredulous Pen Pal - Newbie

That would certainly be worth knowing for anyone considering buying an X2 in the next few months..
    The 9th gen processors should be released in October, but how soon after that could you realistically expect them in products?
    I'd think it would be unlikely for HP to alter the physical design of the X2 this time around, but if anyone has an idea about how HP usually does product revisions, it'd be interesting to hear from you.

5. Steve S

An observation. HP's Labor Day sale is still on, and a large cross section of their laptops are featured, but not the ZBook X2. Compare that to VAIO's Z Canvas, that started to be sold at impressive sale prices just months after it was introduced in the US.

It might not mean anything, but perhaps the lack of inclusion in the current sale indicates that HP intends to keep the ZBook X2 around for a while. Alternatively, perhaps HP was careful with their inventory and there are no excess units that need to be sold off...!

WillAdams likes this.
  6. uJitsu

uJitsu Pen Pal - Newbie

Is it possible to configure the left & right side buttons as separate shortcuts or are they mirrored?
    Also, are there any detailed impressions on the pen performance?

7. Steve S

<<...Is it possible to configure the left & right side buttons...>>

...Yes, although key rollover prevents using side buttons in combination (e.g., cntl + alt +...). However, button combinations can be assigned to a single side key...

<<...are there any detailed impressions on the pen performance?..>>

...Yes, good EMR performance but the pen and touch interface (e.g., palm rejection) does not work well. Touch typically needs to be turned off for best inking results.

@uJitsu : Everything that you are asking, and more, is contained in three discussion threads in this forum. I encourage you to take 30 minutes and quickly skim one or more of these threads for the answers that you are seeking. Many members have contributed their experiences and observations...

8. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

Regarding this, is there any video on YouTube that shows exactly the magnitude of the problem? Because I have yet to see one. Reviewers seem to never show how a machine performs and instead talk about specs and bla bla bla the whole video.
    I mean, something like the video on my channel where I show the palm rejection issue of the Galaxy Book 10.

9. _AVP_

_AVP_ Pen Pal - Newbie

Guys, is that issue with express keys (only one works at once) solvable at all? What does the support say?

10. uJitsu

uJitsu Pen Pal - Newbie

why is that an issue? Can't you just assign software specific commands to each individual button? For example, assigning one button as cntrl + z and etc.. for each individual button? Where the commands will switch automatically depending on which software window is active...