Zbook X2 just anounced

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by dv8nathan, Oct 18, 2017.

1. artistebot

artistebot Scribbler - Standard Member

I am on Windows ver 1709, build 16299.431

In Modo I got the flickering behavior until I switched the input preferences to "Tablet Input", so perhaps blender can be set to the same? No issues with touch once I switched CPS set to "TabletPC". Zbrush runs great on the ZBook, but I do encounter the flickering occasionally when zooming, I may have to check my settings.

Totally agree about contacting HP, they have been very responsive and helpful for me.

Last edited: May 25, 2018
    Yuureikun likes this.
  2. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

I had this same behaviour in both the Cintiq Companion and Cintiq 27 Touch a year ago. All thanks to the horrible Wacom drivers.

3. Yuureikun

Yuureikun Scribbler - Standard Member

Has anyone else noticed their Zbook getting a lot of blue screen errors? I find that this computer has crashed more than most I have had. I don't have a lot on it, and I am not sure if it is a result of HP bloatware (I already had to uninstall HP Velocity due to it blue screening my system constantly the day I received it). Not sure if this is something other users are running into. I was working on a file in Clip Studio last night when I got blue screened, and it corrupted the file. This has never happened to me before, as Clip Studio is always super stable on every system I have used on every operating system.

4. artistebot

artistebot Scribbler - Standard Member

I have gotten a few Blue Screens too, or at least more than I expected. I figured it was a "windows thing"? Now file corruption, THAT sucks.

Might be a HP bloatware thing...hmmm. Anyone have a good list of bloat to remove from HP and windows specific to Zbook X2?

5. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

We’re all these BSOD’s after the last Windows update last week? It wrecked havoc on my Galaxy Book....Not the same problem, none of my save files were corrupted or anything and I never got a BSOD , but Clip Studio wouldn’t even open for me anymore, and Photoshop couldn’t save anything cause of some memory problem. Prior to that recent update, I’ve had no problems at all (except for the windows ink pen glitch from two updates ago).....but it was that last update that messed up everything for me. Microsoft just seems to be batting a thousand lately.

6. DaniJoy

DaniJoy www.danijoy.com

yeah thats not right, none of my wacom devices do that. when the cursor is activated, palm rejection and touch should be locked out. i dont have blender so ive not seen this bug.

7. DaniJoy

DaniJoy www.danijoy.com

hmm, no blue screens for me yet- but i delay updates, and use the semi annual business setting and delay all updates a month or two and pause updates. I recommend these settings as the bugs get worked out before by other people and if there are any left there is usually other users who have complained, and found workarounds.

Art_N00b likes this.
  8. snapalpha

snapalpha Pen Pal - Newbie

Thank you everyone for responding!

Yes it’s so strange. My Wacom Cintiq Companion works fine, but Blender on the zbook just won’t work. I really like the machine, but i’m debating returning it if this can’t get sorted out with hp support.

9. Subgeta

Subgeta Pen Pal - Newbie

artistebot, Thanks for chiming in.
    Yes I did read through the thread but keep in mind not everyone ordered the same unit or configurations.
    The reason I asked those questions was because I ordered my unit with no OS.
    It came straight from the factory so some of these issues I haven't ran across...(yet).

I also kept reading the thread up until now and how people have had blue screens.
    I haven't had any even with Windows updates (Windows 10, version 1803 OS Build 17134.48)
    But keep in mind I didn't install any HP software aside from Dreamcolor and the Wacom drivers.

The only issue I have come across was to disable Dreamcolor due to it crashing adobe premier pro.
    Since I had the the Quadro as my primary gpu but had to revert back to the hybrid mode in the bios.
    This resolved the crash issue but I can't have Dreamcolor on since Quadro is used to render video.
    Not sure if many of the users here use the Zbook to edit video.

Also to add to this: Be aware that some USB-A/B/C to USB-C cables do not provide PD (Power Delivery).
    When looking for USB-C cables make sure it has both PD and is USB IF Certified.

Thanks for your input DaniJoy!
    I too am thinking about upping the ram on the machine.
    However the tear down is going to require patience.

10. tomin

tomin Pen Pal - Newbie

Does anyone have an issue with the right most side of the digitizer. Everytime I draw a line towards to right edge of the full screen page in any app (Onenote, Photoshop) a stray line parallel to the right vertical edge gets created. I have seen this issue on devices as old as the HTC Flyer but never expected to encounter something like this today. Is this isolated to my unit?

EDIT:

Found the issue. DO NOT use the Windows 10 pen and touch calibration tool to calibrate the pen input. I did that and the setting made my pen behave as described above (everytime I moved to the right edge of the screen the cursor jumped down to the right most bottom corner. Once I reset the calibration I had done with the Windows 10 tablet pc tool, all was well. I guess the moral of the story is to use the HP pen calibration tool instead.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
    Art_N00b likes this.