Zbook X2 just anounced

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by dv8nathan, Oct 18, 2017.

1. DaniJoy

DaniJoy www.danijoy.com

Thanks for all the info, just ordered a 8th gen cpu, 16gb ram model. Looking forward to testing it out .

I'm sure the lag will get ironed out if enough people complain. I'll chime in if I notice it. But I draw very slowly so I'm not sure I'll notice .

artistebot likes this.
  2. Yuureikun

Yuureikun Scribbler - Standard Member

It would be great if you could test for the lag when you get it, to confirm or deny whether yours has the issue as well. I can send you the video I did instructing HP on how to test for it, it is very easy and would only take you a few minutes to check for it, and would be very helpful to have more people calling HP about it. At this point, they have my case, and I am waiting for a reply once there is something to be heard from the engineering team. If more people complain, it might speed things up a bit.

DaniJoy likes this.
  3. Yuureikun

Just got an update from HP, the engineer was able to replicate the lag results on a clean system, so it would seem that is likely not something that effects only certain machines.

4. DaniJoy

DaniJoy www.danijoy.com

sure i would love to help get the bugs ironed out. send me the video link!

5. artistebot

artistebot Scribbler - Standard Member

What I got from HP support today:

"Our Engineer has been able to replicate the issue on a clean image. So the root cause isn’t unique to something specific to your image. He also tried the latest pre-release version of the Create Control Panel (CCP) without any change in behavior. It is still under investigation…"

Yuureikun and Art_N00b like this.
  6. Yuureikun

Here is the video showing the issue and how to easily test for it, anyone else is welcome to use this to test as well: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ewkbuhpcnyl1ih0/zbook lag.MOV?dl=0

That is the same email I got from HP as well.

DaniJoy likes this.
  7. Art_N00b

Art_N00b Scribbler - Standard Member

Thanks. Can't wait to see how this plays out.

I also notice that the driver's lagging problems rounds the peeks and valleys of the scribbling.

8. Yuureikun

Absolutely, I swear the behavior is identical to having a stroke straightener active in Clip Studio or Lazy Nezumi. I would wager anything there is some sort of stabilization happening at a driver level.

9. Subgeta

Subgeta Pen Pal - Newbie

It probably might be (a long shot but) the driver is trying to process 2 things while doing this test.
    Detecting touch if it needs to enable or disable, and detecting the pen.

My questions to you are:
    Have you tried doing this with the Wacom service turned on, but with touch disabled?
    What Wacom driver, Nvidia/Intel drivers, Windows 10 version/release are installed?
    Some people reported from what I read in this thread that it happens with a stock install.
    Is this a recovery install? Factory reset?
    or A stock Windows 10 64bit install (No HP bloat or drivers)?
    Is this happening in other programs? Photoshop? ClipStudio? SAI? etc?

If I get the chance of replicating this issue on my ZBX2 I'll report back my findings.

Also another thing I ran into is while launching Premier Pro it would crash after the splash screen.
    I found that since I had Dreamcolor enabled and that made the Quadro graphic card as my main GPU.

I was able solve this issue and able to launch Premier Pro by disabling Dreamcolor.
    Going into the BIOS and selecting Hybrid mode for my GPU.
    This lets the Intel HD graphics be the main GPU and applications use the Nvidia GPU.
    However this means I can't have Dreamcolor enabled.
    I contacted HP Support on Twitter but have received no response.

10. Yuureikun

Touch being on or off doesn't change anything. All the drivers I have installed are whatever came on the computer from HP. The Windows install has all of HPs included software (except HP Velocity, which I uninstalled because it kept crashing my computer). It happens in all art software.