Zbook X2 just anounced

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by dv8nathan, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Gosudesign

Gosudesign Pen Pal - Newbie

I think given this one has Touch with Antiglare and no inking parallax (at least from the videos posted) - looks it tops Wacom MobileStudio Pro easily. Ill be finally placing my order later this week for the quad core configuration since those are out. Just debating on which storage drive now.

2. dv8nathan

dv8nathan Pen Pal - Newbie

oh wow! watch the last few seconds of the video and you can see wacom tablet properties. looks like a cusomized version of it. looks like the interface used with cintiq models settings not the feel drivers interface. this means per program customization and more. oh wow im even more excited!

here is a comparison

Marty and darkmagistric like this.
  3. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Good catch....and you're right it does look alot like the Cintiq settings. In a way I can understand that....I mean they did go to Wacom for the pen technology....so Wacom was involved in engineering the device from the get go....so it stands to reason when HP wanted Express Keys....Wacom probably helped them on that end as well.....and since no Feel Drivers by default support express keys....its was probably easier to customize their own Cintiq Driver for HP then code HP their own or add to the feel driver.

In another video I saw.....the Nibs in the Pen also appear to be the same as the Mobile Studio Pro....despite the 4096 Pressure spec.....the Zbook's flavor or EMR could actually very well be DTK/Cintiq instead of UD/S-pen.

DRTigerlilly likes this.
  4. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

Certainly the Z Canvas, Galaxy Book 12, Switch 7, and ZBook X2 are best-in-class. I'd add the Yoga 720 15 to the list, too.

5. dv8nathan

dv8nathan Pen Pal - Newbie

i was wondering that. if so maybe i could use a two button cintiq pen....i wonder....so many questions.....

DRTigerlilly likes this.
  6. darkmagistric

Its using S-pen/EMR!

I was able to purchase a "spare" HP Zbook X2 Pen from HP's online Part Store. Costed about $111 with shipping.....and admittedly it was somewhat of a gamble on my end.....but it payed off.

The Cintiq Styled HP Zbook X2 works perfectly with Samsungs current S-pen Products. I tried it with my Galaxy Book 10.6 and Galaxy Note 5 Phone.....No offset....and the Backend eraser works perfectly as well. They didn't give me a spare nib kit....and I don't want to risk taking the nib out just yet...but its tip does look the same as the Wacom Pro Pen 2/Bamboo Smart Nibs. The Pen itself isn't as thick as the Cintiq Pens, but its got a nice length and its weight is well distributed.

Steve S, Selofain, dv8nathan and 2 others like this.
  7. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

damn $111 though???

8. darkmagistric

$92 for the pen, and then $110.09 after Tax and Shipping.

High....but The Apple Pencil and Surface Pen are also going for $99....so....can't really fault HP for pricing it competitively.

9. Selofain

Selofain Chronic Lurker

Bit of a surprise since the customizer prices the pen at $66. I'm not completely surprised, just a bit disappointed with the discrepancy.

Still going to pick one up at some point, probably.

10. Marty

Marty Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

In this 3D scanning promotional video, I thought it was interesting that HP specifically chose to feature the ZBx2 over the more traditional ZBook laptops as the example workstation:

Hopefully this means HP considers the ZBx2 as a "flagship" portable workstation rather than just a side project that may or may not be continued.

Another interesting tidbit is in this video, the presenter specifically mention color-matched DreamColor panels @7:28:

which is a nice touch, as getting a consistent looking picture between different IPS panels is an extremely difficult task (even with calibration tools).

I like that HP is specifically demoing this sort of tight integration with its other workstation products, hopefully signaling a long and healthy future for this baby. :)

Art_N00b and WillAdams like this.