Zbook X2 just anounced

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by dv8nathan, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Fluffyfurball

Fluffyfurball Scribbler - Standard Member

I think if someone needs a powerful machine with a digitizer, just buy the Thinkpad P51 (touchscreen model) and fold the screen flat. It's way cheaper than this HP, and is more powerful with a better GPU.

2. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

The touchscreen model is "only" FHD. But gosh, it has all the ports I want, and LTE. I imagine they could have put a Yoga hinge and six side-buttons (or even face buttons) and completely annihilate the ZBook x2 market share.

Fluffyfurball likes this.
  3. rhymes

rhymes Pen Pal - Newbie

4. Fluffyfurball

Fluffyfurball Scribbler - Standard Member

Yeah, if only *sigh*. I got fed-up waiting for the mythical perfect machine and just bought the P51. The non-folding screen is a pain, but one can fold it flat and flip to reverse landscape mode in settings if desperate. The screen isn't all that great either. I have 6TB of storage on-board, so this computer has completely replaced my desktop, finally. I would like a desktop 6 core CPU, but I won't die without it.

5. Darth_Moose

Darth_Moose Pen Pal - Newbie

A review is up! Just watching it now:

EDIT: Sounds like a great machine, but it might be worth waiting for the 8th gen i7's.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
    Tams and godofiron like this.
  6. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

Nice review. the 10-ish bit wide gamut display really makes it the machine for photographers. The reviewer's right, better wait for 8th gen processors, and he's right to expect a premium product aimed at photographers not to have light bleed at the corners of the display. I'm surprised the speakers are so bad despite how large they are.

Slightly unrelated, this is the first 4K video I watched on my Yoga 720 15. 1GB per 10 minutes of video... You can really tell the guy is a photographer, everything looks so good.

Tams likes this.
  7. godofiron

godofiron Pen Pal - Newbie

That's a cool review - wanna know a 3D artist's (as well as an illustrator's) opinion of it. They'd have to be making quite a bit to make it worthwhile.

8. Tams

Tams Scribbler - Standard Member

I'm still hoping for an AMD APU version. One can dream. Another USB 3.1 port would be nice as well.

Seriously, what's with this "annihilate" stuff? Especially for the tablet PC niche, it's not something we want, as we've not been served very well for a while.

The P51 is a completely different beast anyway. It's a mobile workstation, not a creative professionals tablet.

9. AvalonX

AvalonX Scribbler - Standard Member

HDMI 1.4 though?

10. Gosudesign

Gosudesign Pen Pal - Newbie

Sounds like quad core is available at end of this month. I agree with TAMS poster, Lenovo doesnt have any high performance creators pen nor a 10 bit 4K antiglare touch. Yeah HDMI 1.4 is a bummer but dual thunderbolt sort of makes up for it.