Zbook X2 just anounced

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by dv8nathan, Oct 18, 2017.

1. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

You're not paying for the performance, you're paying for the 10(ish) bit display, 100% Adobe RGB, and customizable hardware buttons. I could justify that for $1200 more than the Yoga 720 15... but not for $3000 more. For $3000 I could get two Dell UP2718Q 10-bit 4K 100% Adobe RGB displays, and make do with 8-bit 95% sRGB on-the-go.

2. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I think the pricing is.....off....like a legitimate mistake on HP's website..aside from that $1799 price still floating around on HP's ad's.........the default "Customizable" price does not make any remote sense given the top end 7th gen model has 32GB of Ram and 1TB SSD is cheaper. And even doing a customized config....choosing the cheaper options for every category.....it still won't drop below $3000.......try it yourself and configure it for the cheaper screen, 128GB SSD, No Webcam, No Adobe Software, and even no Windows.....picking the FreeDOS 2.0.....the lowest I can get it is $3035. I think the 'Customizable" page is flat out incorrectly priced.

Zbook pricing.JPG

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
    stoneseeker, okieiam and Art_N00b like this.
  3. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

On the Italian HP store there's only one model available: the i7 7500U/16gb/512gb for €3292.
    Which translate to roughly $3000.

Given that price I can't see a single reason why someone should get the Zbook X2 instead of the top of the line Mobilestudio Pro 16 for €3280.
    With a larger display and better pen.

okieiam and thatcomicsguy like this.
  4. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

The only reason I can see is that users can expect HP to be perhaps more reliable wrt hardware support and warranty stuff. Considering all the stories of woe from dissatisfied MSP customers, Wacom sounds like they need to brush up on that side of their service.

5. rhymes

rhymes Pen Pal - Newbie

Seems like its out of stock now.

okieiam likes this.
  6. darkmagistric

The Form Factor........as someone who has been bouncing between a CC2/MSP 13 for art uses, and a Surface Pro 3 for everything else.....The Zbooks main appeal is that it’s frankly the perfect almagation of a MSP and Surface Pro. The combination of hardware Express Keys, Kickstand, and keyboard cover put it in a class of its own.

And Wacom is charging the exact same pricing for the MSP literally a full year after release. (In the US anyway).....I have far more confidence that The ZBook might see price drops after a few months, or be included in seasonal discounts and sales. And after my CC2 died suddenly after the warranty expired.....and they only offered extended warranted for the top line MSP models with a requirement to take a loan out.....I can’t imagine what ever protection plan HP offers can be anywhere near as bad as Wacoms let alone worse.

Art_N00b likes this.
  7. Selofain

Selofain Chronic Lurker

Agreed. The prices on the customizable page are outrageous. The worst part is I want a fingerprint reader and I can't get that unless I customize one. They're not on the preconfigured skus.

Unless there's a major price adjustment (or I win a lottery), I may be out on the Zbook x2, which makes me really sad.

okieiam and Starlight5 like this.
  8. cmd

cmd Pen Pal - Newbie

I think you are confused. The Euro is worth more than the US$

€3292 = ~$4000 USD

9. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

Sure, but that's not how tech prices conversion works between Us and Europe.
    Generally speaking something that costs $2500 without taxes in the USA will translate to roughly €2800-2900 including vat in Europe.
    It's almost a 1:1 conversion.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
    cmd and darkmagistric like this.
  10. darkmagistric

Tech prices outside of the USA are ridiculous. I've been to electronic shops all over Europe, South America, Asia, & Australia......and while I love the vast selection sometimes (oh Singapore)....the pricing up charge on everything is just nuts.

For example....Wacom USA is charging $2999.95 for the Mobile Studio Pro 16/512GB.

$2999.95 USD = $3842.18 AUD

But Wacom Australia is charging $4299 for the same model. Thats an upcharge of 456.82 AUD/ $356.55 USD just because of the market.

Iphone X 64GB in the USA unlocked costs $999....
    $999 USD = $1279.46 AUD
    But the iphone X 64GB in Australia costs $1579 AUD....which translates roughly to $1,232.51...which again is a regional price hike of $233 putting it nearly at 1:1 with the USA price numerically.

Tams likes this.