Zbook X2 just anounced

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by dv8nathan, Oct 18, 2017.

1. azaniramsan

azaniramsan Pen Pal - Newbie

Sadly such can only happen when mxm graphic cards are widely available and have competitive price. Mxm cards usually available only for oems, as b2b.

Those available in the market which usually taken out from defective laptops are outdated and overpriced.

Egpu enclosure that accepts mxm card with decent cooling and powered with brick adapter and just as large as external 3.5 drive is very possible.

I'll just wish for that to happen

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

2. godofiron

godofiron Pen Pal - Newbie

OH I just got told by HP on Youtube - they'll be announcing all the configuration options for the ZBook X2, and opening up pre orders for it on the 21st of November, so about 3 weeks from now.

Time to start saving! and then I'll have to wait for the youtube reviewers, so I don't get any nasty surprises...

Art_N00b and neongolden like this.
  3. DaniJoy

DaniJoy www.danijoy.com

very compelling tablet PC. i love the form factor. best of the tablet and 2 in 1 for factor put together. the detachable keyboard seems ideal for digital artists. The stand seems great at first glance. i essentially use a similar setup with my MSP but use a flipsteady case and small blue tooth keyboard.

If the reviews seem solid i might consider ditching my MSP16. i would miss the bigger screen and Pro Pen 2, but the quad core seems like more of a sweet spot for my needs. Older EMR is good enough, but i would miss my Wacom art pen and barrel rotation. 32 GB ram is a dream! im constantly running out of Ram on my MSP16, and my 512 drive is about full. Hopefully the thermal issues are better than the MSP. its still very hot and loud once you start pushing the machine.

Still though, betting the farm on a first gen tablet is always a bit risky. hopefully HP has enough quality engineers that it wont be a CC1 type of disaster.

Anyone know about HP's warranty or potential extended warranty options? my MSP is about to be done with its year warranty and knowing Wacom's track record it makes me nervous to keep it once its out of warranty.

4. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Acctually.....although I'm pretty sure its going to be using S-pen/UD EMR (regardless of what nib size), but there might be a chance it could be using the older CC2/Intuos 4/Pro Pen 1 tech. Since Wacom is using their Pro Pen 2 tech for all their own products....given the premium aspect of the Zbook....its not entirely unplausible that Wacom may be willing to offload that specific flavor of EMR to HP. If that is the case, your Art Pen might work on the Zbook.....but on the flipside the Zbook pen then wouldn't work on Samsung products.....so I can't say I'm personally hoping for that.

No clue on HP warranty options, but I can't imagine it would be any worse then Wacoms. And with the MSP......I'm just as nervous as you.

DaniJoy likes this.
  5. DaniJoy

DaniJoy www.danijoy.com

thanks for chiming in! looking forward to the early adopter reviews here.

fingers crossed about the pro pen 1 compatibility.

6. godofiron

godofiron Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm currently super happy with my cintiq 13 hd touch, and my intuos pro 5, so if the pen technology in the ZBook X2 is as good as either of those, It'll definitely be worth it to me.

I don't need wacom's latest and greatest, because after a while, the levels of pressure sensitivity just stop being detectable by the human senses. You stop being able to tell if things have improved, so it's almost pointless.

7. DaniJoy

DaniJoy www.danijoy.com

gotta agree to disagree. Pro Pen 2 is a fantastic experience. i can feel the pressure level difference,and the lower IAF, the lower parallax is obvious also. the rest of the tablet is junk. but the pen is my favorite by far for drawing.

8. Marty

Marty Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Just curious, do you use the Art Pen or Pro Pen 2 more on your MSP? Do you notice any difference in response (either IAF, stroke lag, etc) between the two?

9. Tams

Tams Scribbler - Standard Member

Nvidia seem to be on a quest to kill MXM though. AMD aren't, and their Vega GPU architecture seems to scale down very well, but they don't seem to be pushing dedicated mobile GPUs that use Vega and there MXM; only APUs, which obiviously don't use MXM.

10. DaniJoy

DaniJoy www.danijoy.com

I use both depending what I'm doing. Pro pen 2 for drawing. But I prefer the art pen for painting even though it lacks the better pressure and sensitivity. I love rotation.

I use the pro pen 2 more lately, I have not been painting digitally much these days.

Only difference I can feel is a wider pressure curve on the pro pen 2 and lower IAF. Everything else feels the same to my hand.

Accuracy is the same , imo.

Marty likes this.