Zbook X2 Just Announced

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by dv8nathan, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Illustrator76

Illustrator76 I Draw Pictures

Good points. I was just asking based off of a rather lengthy Youtube review where the guy said he originally had the non-DreamColor version and that it looked terrible. He said he exchanged the unit for a DreamColor one and that the screen looked worlds better. I had also read somewhere else that the IPS screen wasn't that great, but I don't know. I'm not sure that DreamColor would be worth $400-$600 more to me. Still deciding.

2. Illustrator76

Update: I just got a ridiculously good deal on HP.com using coupons and offers (it took a little trial-and-error) for a ZBook x2 G4 with an i7 processor, 512 GB SSD, 16 GB RAM, AND the DreamColor screen. I couldn't pass up this deal for the price, so I had to go for it.

Looks like I'm part of the club now!

doobiedoobiedum likes this.
  3. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...Looks like I'm part of the club now!..>>

Well congratulations. I think you will be pleased with your purchase.

At a minimum, see posts # 860 & 853 in this thread for some potentially helpful insights about battery life and the M620 GPU. Also, there are earlier posts (#731 & 729) that have links to the User Manual, Maintenance & Service Manual and the X2 White Paper (that contains a lot of technical information)...

4. Illustrator76

Thanks as always Steve S! I think I will be pleased with my purchase as well. I have been on the UI/UX side of design for so long, and while I like it, I want to get back to my roots and what got me started in all this...drawing and illustration!

Should be fun!

5. Jackd8989

Jackd8989 Pen Pal - Newbie

Steve, I'm really interested in the Max battery time/health setting, but I'm not able to find it. How did you navigate there?

6. ramosdesign75

ramosdesign75 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello Everyone on this thread. Just wanted to post my new findings here. If you happen to have the Samsung Galaxy Book 12 pen that comes with extra nibs, you can use those nibs on your HP Zbook X2 pen. It makes for a finer tip while retaining accuracy. I happen to own both machines and decided to try it and it worked. Some people might prefer the stubbier original one. Matter of preference mainly. I included the pictures with both to see the differences.

On another note ergo grip for Wacom Cintiq 22 hd pen works fairly decent as well if you prefer a bigger grip. Another preference as well.

Attached Files:

7. Steve S

@Jackd8989 : Here's how to limit battery charging to 80%
    • Enter Set Up as described in my earlier post (tap I/O and immediately hold down the Volume Down button for several seconds)
    • Tap function key F10 (no need to tap the function set button first) or touch BIOS on the screen
    • On the next screen, touch Advanced (at the top of the screen)
    • On the next screen, touch Power Management Options (near the bottom)
    • Finally, look for Battery Health Manager (near the bottom) and pull down the menu to find the battery option Maximize Battery Life. That's it.
    • Tap the arrows to back out to the exit menu (save changes and exit)

Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
  8. Steve S

@Jackd8989 : Post updated. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Jackd8989 likes this.
  9. Jackd8989

Jackd8989 Pen Pal - Newbie

Your instructions made me realize that my bios was not up to date, which was why I couldn't find it before. But I have it now, thanks Steve!

Steve S likes this.
  10. Illustrator76

I have a quick question for everyone. It seems like every time that I unplug my tablet from my external monitor and go to draw on it I have to restart Wacom Services in order for the pen to work. Is anyone else seeing this and have a solution for it? I am using the drivers straight from the HP site and the stock HP pen.

Thanks.