Zbook X2 Just Announced

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by dv8nathan, Oct 18, 2017.

1. WillAdams

WillAdams Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

2. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...the review is at...>>

...Thanks. Will look at it over the weekend... assuming that I make progress on Christmas preparations!!

3. tomin

tomin Pen Pal - Newbie

Just logged back on and saw this. Absolutely will try to do this week.

4. SAM 2013

SAM 2013 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Hello, I've had my new zBook for about a month now.
    A couple of things maybe someone know how to solve.

1. How can you make the sound louder?
    I thought my Surface Pro 3 was quiet, but this
    is much quieter, and the sound quality is not too good.
    Is there a driver that will make the speakers louder and better sounding?

2. The 2 USB "C" ports on the RH side are so close together, it
    does not allow 2 things to plugged in at the same time. Is there
    slim connectors?
    Also, which one do you use to charge the computer, the upper or lower?

3. Also, the bezel buttons are really handy. But they do not seem to support
    press/hold/toggle ex. Crtl+P etc.
    Is there a registry hack to enable this functionality?

Thanks

PS
    Is this model being discontinued, if so is there a new
    replacement model for 2019?

5. carnageX12

carnageX12 Pen Pal - Newbie

@SAM 2013 Not sure about question 1 or 3, but do have some experience with number 2. Haven't had issue with plugging in cables next to each other, so maybe I've been lucky but thought the cables were standard size. As for charging with the thunderbolt, I used my nexus 5x cable with a zerolemon 75W USB-C and 3 USB-A slots charger connected to the lower port. I only tested it while using Medibang, so not real intensive work, but when fully charged and switching to the USB-C for power, the the zbook stayed charged. I next tried using the USB-C cable to charge the tablet when it wasn't fully charged, again I just used Medibang, but went from 90% to 96% in about 45 min. Not fast by any means but was able to charge the device while working on it, and figured would go faster if I weren't using the device at the same time.

6. Minchi

Minchi Pen Pal - Newbie

So I've had and been using a 16 GB version (7th gen) for about 2 to 3 weeks now. I really enjoy it, but I've had a few issues and wondering if anyone has any fixes or experience with these. I ran some Windows diagnostic for the RAM and it found no issues with it. The GPU doesn't seem to break down in anything but Chrome.

So when using Google chrome I get green artifacts while using Hardware acceleration. Now I would just turn off Hardware acceleration but chrome is laggy and unusable w/o it on. I used Firefox for awhile, and it was fine but I got a "page fault in nonpaged area" error and BSOD (with a very loud beeping noise on startup) after some time of use. I'm not sure if this was due to Firefox, or some BG HP service. I uninstalled the one associated with network processing but that's about all I've gotten rid of. I'll scan through the thread to see what others have said but so far, else than these issues, the experience has been great. It doesn't seem to have issues in any other hardware. If anyone has recommendations of default "welcomeware" to uninstall or such please share.

(image of artifacts issue)

[​IMG]

gluejohn likes this.
  7. Steve S

Has anyone with an X2 received OS build 1809 by way of Windows Update? Has anyone forced installation of 1809 since Microsoft's announcement that it was now available for manual installation? I'm still stuck on 1803, but 1809 has some features that I'd like to use (e.g., Snip & Sketch...).

With 19H1 starting to get closer to release, I'm wondering how that might play out if 1809 isn't installed...??? And oh, by the way, apparently no change to the pen behavior in 19H1...!

8. win32asmguy

win32asmguy Pen Pal - Newbie

I have 1809 on my X2 and it works great. I did a clean install. The HP create app seems to work fine with the side buttons and pen adjustment.

9. Steve S

<<...I have 1809 on my X2 and it works great...>>

@win32asmguy : Thanks for the comment!

10. jbaks

jbaks Scribbler - Standard Member

now that you have the X2 where is the canvas headed