Zbook X2 Just Announced

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by dv8nathan, Oct 18, 2017.

1. T-ravisty

T-ravisty Scribbler - Standard Member

No drivers CD supplied unfortunately.

I'll give it another whirl later today, but if it's not working I'll contact HP.

Cheers.

2. ramosdesign75

ramosdesign75 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello Everyone,
    Long time post viewer. Just wanted to share some tip info on button usage. Thanks to earlier posts of post it tabs. I decided to create my own vinyl stickers to better see these in the dark. They are by no means perfect but work well in the dark or low light areas. I also added my sketch work in adobe photoshop. Pen accuracy and wacom pen tech is so far so good!

Attached Files:

gluejohn and ATIVQ like this.
  3. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

Very nice.

Are the stickers fluorescent, or simply light colored to take advantage of scattered light from the screen (in darkness)?

4. ramosdesign75

They are just plain white. However, you just gave me an idea. I will work on a template and purchase some glow-in-the-dark vinyl. I will post when they are ready.

5. Isaac Burrough

Isaac Burrough Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi All,

First time poster but have used these forums a bit over the years for buying advice and troubleshooting. I have a zbook x2 (i7-8650, 32gb, 1tb), and am loving the upgrade from my cintiq companion 1. Anyway, due to being messed around the Dutch HP customer service, I ended up buying my pc from Germany and then replacing the keyboard with a QWERTY through the parts store. So if anyone is on the lookout for a replacement or spare QWERTZ for their zbook I have one lying around.

artistebot, WillAdams and ATIVQ like this.
  6. ramosdesign75

2018-11-10 18.45.29.jpg 2018-11-10 18.43.58.jpg 2018-11-10 18.42.19.jpg 2018-11-10 18.35.42.jpg
    Hello Hp zbook users,

Thanks to Steve S for the query, I was able to make some vinyl sticker cut outs for the unfortunate non-LED buttons on the Hp Zbook X2. I went to the local art store and bought 1 foot of glow-in-the-dark vinyl sticker roll (about $8 USD). This is good for all the creatives who work in the wee hours or low light settings.

To make these will require some finesse as they are somewhat small.

You will need an X-acto blade, cutting board, masking tape, and a fine felt tip marker.
    Steps are fairly simple.

1. Place masking tape strip over the buttons and rub your finger across the tape to see the general area of the buttons.
    2. Use the visual raised edges of the buttons and their shapes to outiline each of the buttons/shapes with the fine felt tip marker.
    3. Peel the masking tape off the buttons and place it on top of the vinyl.
    4. Use the X-acto and cutting board to carefully cut out each button shape.
    5. Peel each cut out, remove the top layer of the masking tape, and place each cutout sticker to each button accordingly.
    6. Repeat steps for second set of buttons.

See pics as needed.

Attached Files:

7. Selofain

Selofain Chronic Lurker

@ramosdesign75 Dang dude, I am definitely trying this as soon as I get my hands on some glow in the dark stickers!

I love me some glow in the dark.

ramosdesign75 and artistebot like this.
  8. artistebot

artistebot Scribbler - Standard Member

Brillant, seems to be better than my "ghetto" stickers! :)

9. ramosdesign75

Works well for a good while in the dark for sure! i had an old blade so my X-acto cuts weren't so "exact" HA!

artistebot likes this.
  10. ramosdesign75

You were the pioneer that actually started this button sticker path so credit goes to you artistebot!

artistebot likes this.