Zbook X2 Just Announced

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by dv8nathan, Oct 18, 2017.

1. MacrosTheBlack007

MacrosTheBlack007 Scribbler - Standard Member

Congrats!!! Which specs did you opt for?

2. Happehlemons

Happehlemons Pen Pal - Newbie

Core i7-7600U 16GB 1TB, most importantly with a 3/3/0 warranty! I've always used a MSP16 and hated that it had no USB ports, no built in stand, no keyboard that attaches easily ect... This made it really hard to travel with. Hopefully this solves all of that!

Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
    MacrosTheBlack007 likes this.
  3. Selofain

Selofain Chronic Lurker

It's HERE.

I love it.

This weird pen holster has slots for the nibs??? And the hard felt nibs! My god I have missed you.

Also, the HP nibs are the same size as the Note 4 s-pen nibs, so you can get replacements there. They just won't be glorious hard felt. They might even fit better, since I noticed that the included nib goes in just a tad farther than I'm comfortable with and the Note 4 nibs are a tad longer.

Those are some bezels, wow. I think their shape may be tricking my eyes into thinking that 14" 16:9 ain't so bad after all. The side buttons are smaller than I expected, and the overall look is quite nice.

I haven't actually used it much beyond booting it up and making sure everything looked kosher. I'll load some benchmark apps onto a usb and run them later tonight. Once everything checks out, wipe and reload.

The screen seems a bit dim, though. 75% seems to be the lowest that feels comfortable, but this is early evening summer sun, so maybe it'll do better away from windows. But the anti-glare coating looks amazing and feels amazing both on finger and pen. Too bad I'm going to cover it up with a screen protector anyway.

This thing is a tank. It's so solid. I love it. I've mentioned that, right? It's so lovely.

4. MacrosTheBlack007

You should totally load up some games and see how they look on that screen! :D

5. Shamota

Shamota Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey guys. I’ve just bought my zbook x2 and I’m frustrated because it comes without pen and that’s ridiculous. It’s the main thing in this computer. My configuration is one of the top end (8550u,16gb,512gb,DreamColor). I feel like the store cheated on me, because they don’t have the new one for sale, but they have one from “them” that they can sell me for 110$. And they don’t have this laptop opened in store for testing so where from and what for they have this pen?
    Did anyone received his zbook without pen?
    I’m frustrated because it’s out of stock everywhere and I have no idea where to buy it

6. Happehlemons

My zBook came without a pen. I - like you - didn't know they even shipped without them. But they are considered an optional accessory and aren't always included with bundles. If there's a SKU number on you zBook you can check and see if it originally included a pen with the bundle I believe. Where did you order it from?

7. MacrosTheBlack007

https://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-zbook-x2-pen

Camp on the official store and check once or twice a day. You should be able to snag one within a week or two. They usually get like 10 in stock at a time and typically sell out within 2-3 days.

8. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

Given their marketing for this beast and the price, it feels unacceptable. EVERY SKU should include a pen. geez HP...

nurbs likes this.
  9. Happehlemons

I've found my first glitch :(

It seems like the express keys on the sides of the device have NO ROLLOVER WHAT-SO-EVER :eek: (Can't press two keys at once)

In zBrush, you need to constantly hold shift, ctrl and alt at the same time to do different functions. Has this been everyones experience? Who should I contact to hp to hop fully get this fixed?

10. nurbs

nurbs Pen Pal - Newbie

This may not be the solution you are looking for, but it should be a good workaround. It's an app, I use it, and it works great.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCShwQ0EPReJOOYkFaDG1ZSw/videos