Zbook X2 Just Announced

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by dv8nathan, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Selofain

Selofain Chronic Lurker

!!!!!!! I just found a lightly used one with the EXACT SPECS I WANT including the fingerprint reader for under $2k and and and...

*bites nails*

I just need to verify screen condition. Doesn't look like it has a Dreamcolor screen, but that's ok, I didn't really need that. Flawless screen is all I need to hear.

(I loled at the $900 x2 with a broken screen.)

2. Mr. Boosh

Mr. Boosh Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Yea, I know which one you are talking about. I would grab that, especially because it has the 8th gen i7. If it wasn't so hard to change components, I'd switch out the SSD for a 2TB NVMe since its current size is an absolute joke and possibly do the memory upgrade to 32GB sometime down the road.

3. Selofain

Selofain Chronic Lurker

It's funny because I headed here to ask if anyone had wind of a 40-50% coupon for the x2. I'm trying to tell myself to be patient, but... the itch is creeping up on me.

4. Mr. Boosh

How can you justify 256GB of internal storage in this day and age? I don't have that much storage (about 1.5TB worth), so I could always go the route of an external drive (can't use a NAS in my current living situation), but I like to keep everything as streamlined and highest speeds as possible.

5. Selofain

Selofain Chronic Lurker

Easily. :)

I put a 128GB SSD in my T901 when I first got it. It was only a couple years ago that I outgrew it. Swapped in a 256GB and found myself with a ton of space, so I moved my 30GB music folder for local access.

All my other media lives on an external. Anything I don't need immediate access to is there. For personal use, I just don't need that much storage. And I don't have a lot of huge programs. Sure, 512GB would have been nice, but by the time I need that space, the warranty on the x2 will have finished and I'll have no compunction about opening it up. Besides, by then, somebody on the internet will have done it already.

Anyway, I bit the bullet. Seller confirmed flawless screen. I should have it mid next week.

I swear, though, should the next generation have a 3:2 screen and EMR, I will upgrade and sell for the first time in my life ever.

Art_N00b likes this.
  6. Mr. Boosh

Congrats man, good find. I was heavily considering if you weren't going to get it, but I was giving you first dibs. Yea, space is the same with me, I don't have all that much, but I've always kept it on my device. I'm going to find the simplest and smallest form factor way to offload most of it externally, then I won't care about internal SSD size anymore; I think that's the better route for the future.

Keep me updated, based on your experience I may follow suit in early August.

Selofain likes this.
  7. Selofain

Selofain Chronic Lurker

Ha! I actually felt like apologizing, because you did see it first. It was just too good to pass up, though. A 40% coupon would not have given me a fingerprint reader, even if I would have ended up with a Dreamcolor screen and maybe a larger SSD.

8. Mr. Boosh

I'll take the credit! If I really wanted it I just wouldn't have shared :p

9. MASTUHFUL MONKEYMON

MASTUHFUL MONKEYMON Pen Pal - Newbie

What's this about a 40% coupon? Please give details. If there is such a thing I need it.

10. Selofain

Selofain Chronic Lurker

There was a 40% off coupon a while back that worked for about a day. And before that there was a brief 50% off coupon for customized Zbooks. I wasn't ready to buy back then, or else I would have jumped on them. I was hoping there'd be another one by now, but I guess not.