Zbook X2 Just Announced

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by dv8nathan, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Shamota

Shamota Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi guys. I see most of you are happy with ZBook x2.
    But what would you say if you could run macOS on it??

[Snip...]

...We'd say "not here." I encourage you to read the Terms of Service and Rules (lower right hand corner of the forum home page) where it says, in bold:

Discussion on running Mac OS X on non-Apple hardware is prohibited

Steve S

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2018
  2. DaniJoy

DaniJoy www.danijoy.com

oSX is just "meh" for me. why support a company that lacks innovation. Im Dual booting LINUX Debian and windows 10 on my zbook.

3. Shamota

Shamota Pen Pal - Newbie

If I’d support that company I’d buy it’s computer. But I love the os, it’s so smooth, and especially for sound production - nothing else comes close - windows with asio is horrible, and Linux just does not have enough apps.
    For graphics and video work windows is ok, the main thing is the software itself.
    Anyways, I assume it’s possible to run Mac on this great machine, so sad we can’t discuss it here, I’m sure lots of people would love it

4. MacrosTheBlack007

MacrosTheBlack007 Scribbler - Standard Member

I don't believe that Nvidia quadro chip is supported under OS X anyway so you'd be left with crappy intel graphics.

5. tomin

tomin Pen Pal - Newbie

Can't talk much about it here, but I succeeded at this (integrated intel only).

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
    MacrosTheBlack007 likes this.
  6. Shamota

Shamota Pen Pal - Newbie

Usually nvidia won’t work on hacks, that’s actually the only thing that’s not supported. But anyways it’s not so powerful on this laptop, and with dual boot when you really need it you could use windows, but in other cases it’s like MacBook Pro 13’

7. Mr. Boosh

Mr. Boosh Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

You obviously didn't get it when it was posted that discussion about MacOS is prohibited....did you?

8. Mr. Boosh

I've been eyeing this machine as a possible replacement for my aging but fully functional Vaio Z Canvas. There are some well priced ones popping up on eBay with 8th gen CPUs and dGPUs.

Most of you happy with the X2? I don't ink all that much, but I sure do miss EMR. Last time I used it was when I owned the Toshiba Portege Z20-t.

9. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...There are some well priced ones popping up on eBay with 8th gen CPUs and dGPUs…>>

Really? I'll have to take a look at that!

Like you, my ZC continues to hum along without issues, so it's hard to rationalize paying full price for an X2...

10. Mr. Boosh

I spotted one last night for $1900 which is much less than full price. Issue is, I really think I want a convertible, I find the ZC almost unusable unless it's on a desk; for typing at least.

I assumed by now Microsoft would have implemented SwiftKey predictions and swiping into their W10 virtual keyboard, considering they bought the company, but it's the same crappy virtual keyboard. Otherwise I wouldn't mind typing for a little bit in tablet mode.