Zbook X2 Just Announced

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by dv8nathan, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Yuureikun

Yuureikun Scribbler - Standard Member

I have to agree that the light bleed, as much as it looks pretty severe on an all black screen, is only visible when the screen is all black. I never found it to be much of an issue in real use.

So I have a little bit of an update from HP support. I sent a new video, very clearly describing and illustrating the lag issue. The level 2 technician I am talking to was able to replicate the issue on his end, and is forwarding the video to the engineering team to get their take on it. Hopefully this starts kicking things into high gear for a fix.

There is also another user (not sure if it is someone on this forum or not) that he is also talking to, reporting a similar issue to mine. I gave him permission to share my video with that customer, so that they can run the same test and see if their issue is exactly the same as mine. I think we are getting closer to confirming, or denying whether this is confined to specific machines, or if it is on all Zbook X2s and just went by unnoticed, as it is only something that fast sketchers (such as myself) would even notice.

artistebot and Art_N00b like this.
  2. artistebot

artistebot Scribbler - Standard Member

That is likely my case. I saw your video, nice work keeping it clear.

I confirmed that the issue is the same for me. The person also confirmed to me they have replicated it.

I made it clear the issue occurs on a clean freash install with and without windows updates.

Tested from a clean boot, no other apps running, default software.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
  3. Yuureikun

Yuureikun Scribbler - Standard Member

I figured it may be yours since you said you got your case escalated as well. Thanks, I tried my best to be as clear as possible with what is happening, and how to replicate it. At first the tech said he didn’t notice much difference with and without the driver installed, so I made sure to be extremely clear to display what is happening to a non artist.

Here’s hoping we are able to help them get this sorted out!

artistebot likes this.
  4. artistebot

I got my extra " HP Zbook X2 Pen Bundle" delivered today via FedEx ($57 using "REDEEM86" w free shipping)

It comes in plain manilla envelope and includes all accessories:
    • Pen
    • Tip tool
    • 10 extra tips
    • carry case
    • pen loop
    • manuals and warranty booklets.

harrodeleted and Art_N00b like this.
  5. DaniJoy

DaniJoy www.danijoy.com

still looking for a working discount code for the cheaper pre-built zbook systems. Any leads greatly appreciated. So far im striking out. Im thinking ill give them a call and beg.

Is it possible to upgrade RAM and SSD? I might go for lower specs and upgrade later if possible.

I'm going full nomad next winter and this looks like the perfect spare workstation to go with my MSP. I really like the form factor. HP really nailed the design for creatives.

artistebot likes this.
  6. artistebot

danijoy

Yes it is "possible" to upgrade the SSD and Ram as both are in standard slots, aka not soldiered in place. HP published a service guide pdf describing the process.

IMHO HP addressed w the Zbook X2 several of the issues that the CC/MSP has. however battery life remains low.

Sorry, the codes I have seen so far, was the expired 26% and the 40% codes.

DaniJoy likes this.
  7. DaniJoy

DaniJoy www.danijoy.com

Thanks thats a big help. so sad i missed that 40% deal. such a good deal for a powerful workstation. Yes i hope wacom is watching this HP design. Kick stand and removable keyboard is so ideal for creatives. Im not surprised about the battery life. its a very powerful system and it must be a engineering nightmare to cram it all into a small tablet.

These days im really happy with my MSP 16. its just a joy to draw and paint on. with the flip steady case/stand and a good bluetooth keyboard i could do all the same jobs as the Zbook, but i just feel like the zbook would be easier to setup, more durable and possibly lighter to carry when ultra-portability is desired, or when i need to write code and do typical stuff a latop is more suited for. For me the MSP is more suited to working long hours on a desk wherever im staying. I Love the big screen..

I've Been playing with off brand wacom tablets with EMR and they seem good enough, but i will miss the higher end pro pen features and feel. Alas, everything is still a trade off for me, thus fueling more of my art tablet addiction. Hopefully we see some of this form factor sneak into the MSP2 or 3- because i think its the future of creative computing. or even better, maybe wacom will go under and start selling pro pen to manufactures. it sucks they save the best for their systems.

How are the express key drivers working , besides the lag? can you setup a right click with the pen for photoshop? Thanks again and enjoy that beast of a workstation.

artistebot likes this.
  8. artistebot

Yeh it sucks about the deal ending early and you tried, sorry. I hoped that sharing the code here first would help the forum members.. It may not have helped that another called up HP Canada and complained when it did not work in that region...sigh.

The HP Quick Keys (aka Wacom Express Keys) and the Pen buttons are fully customizable, just like a Wacom tablet, as the control panel in the same. In fact I was able to 'update" the control panel using the latest wacom updater.

Yes the pen defaults to right click. HP provides a configuration option for photoshop oob.

There is the lag issue still, that I hope HP solves since they do advertize the pen as zero latency. HP support has also been great.

I am tempted by the $619 Samsung GB deal, but since I have the Zbook and Tab S3 I know I wont use it. https://slickdeals.net/?sdtid=11526931&sdop=1&sdpid=114822635&sdfid=9&lno=1&trd=https www ebay com itm New Sams &pv=&au=&sdtrk=SiteSearch&u2=https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Samsung-Galaxy-Book-12-2-in-1-PC-Intel-i5-7200U-8GB-256GB-SSD-Win10-Pro/253553177091

Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
    DaniJoy and Marty like this.
  9. iw2014

iw2014 Pen Pal - Newbie

@artistebot
    “In fact I was able to 'update" the control panel using the latest wacom updater.” how did you manage to do this?
    Do all the quick keys still work as they should?

10. artistebot

I discovered that is what happened when installing latest drivers for a external tablet/cintiq 22HD. Instead of adding a separate "wacom" control panel it simply merged (updated...?) the HP one.

Yes the HQ quick keys work as intended.

iw2014 likes this.