Zbook X2 Just Announced

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by dv8nathan, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Yuureikun

Yuureikun Scribbler - Standard Member

I tried sketchbook and even and paint. Lag all across the board when the tablet driver is installed

artistebot likes this.
  2. thierryb

thierryb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

You can backup before resetting and restore after. It is the best solution.

artistebot and Yuureikun like this.
  3. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

Yep, I just did this for the Galaxy Book using windows own tool and it was a very easy task. Both creating the image and restoring it.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2018
    artistebot likes this.
  4. Yuureikun

I made a restore point and was thinking of doing that, but wasn’t sure if restore points were erased once you reset Windows. That’s great to hear, I’ll do that then, thank you for the tip!

artistebot likes this.
  5. thierryb

thierryb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Restore point are erased. Only a full backup is a solution.

6. Gosudesign

Gosudesign Pen Pal - Newbie

After reading thru this maybe it has to do with the fact that the x2 only works with the native HP drivers that were customized for the x2 - as opposed to any Wacom drivers off their website. But if there is lag after uninstalling the HP drivers then reinstalling it - that could be an issue.

I've havent tinkered with mine and definitely wont after reading this lol. Ive been using mine with photoshop & lightroom for portrait retouching and there is zero lag so far - so Im pretty happy so far. My only gripe is I wish there was an on/off switch to turn off all the HP Quick Keys - since i accidentally press them in the dark sometimes.

But im very curious to see what comes with your conversations with HP support. Keep us posted!

artistebot likes this.
  7. Yuureikun

Like I said, the pen works perfectly fine if I uninstall the HP Create Control panel, so it would seem that it is the HP/Wacom software to blame. Unfortunately, I need that software for the express keys and stylus button to function.

I had another phone call with HP today after resetting Windows (which did nothing to help the lag), apparently someone else called yesterday reporting the same issue, so their team is going to be looking it over and calling me back on Monday.

Meanwhile my 30 day trial is just ticking away...

artistebot and Art_N00b like this.
  8. Floater

Floater Pen Pal - Newbie

That Gizmodo reivew says the x2 would be a nightmare for air travel. I used my x2 while parked in my car the other day. I discovered that I could detach the keyboard and use it on my lap right under the steering wheel while hanging the tablet over the top of the wheel by the stand - worked a treat: very secure and the high screen position was very easy on the neck. A conventional laptop was always a pain in this situation because of the lack of space. I could never tilt the screen back far enough. Same on planes and trains. Now the tray table only has to accommodate the tablet part and the keyboard can sit on my lap underneath the tray table. So, I reckon it might actually work better in many cases than a lot of the alternatives.

9. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

just to confirm, even your pen buttons don't work with default windows pen settings after you;ve uninstalled the HP/Wacom driver? I dont remember needing Wacom driver to assign functions to the 2 pen buttons... I'm talking about the menu in windows 10 that is only found in legacy control panel labeled "pen and touch". I know this helps zero for the issue of express keys, but I'm wondering why you wouldn't still have pen button shortcuts...

10. Floater

Floater Pen Pal - Newbie

For the record and to add weight to others' complaints in case HP is reading this:

Mine also has lag, which I mostly notice when handwriting quickly. It makes my handwriting a bit less legible.

I love the machine and the lag isn't a dealbreaker for me, but the stylus could usefully be more responsive.

I wish I had the time to temporarily revert to the factory image to check that it was there from the start but I don't. Having waited for this machine for months and having spent ages setting it up just so, it now needs to start earning its keep. Looking forward to an improved driver in the not too distant future though.

artistebot, stoneseeker and Art_N00b like this.