Zbook X2 Just Announced

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by dv8nathan, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Yuureikun

Yuureikun Scribbler - Standard Member

I currently only have the Wacom driver installed, not the HP one. However, like I said, my computer is still labeling it as the "HP Create Control Center" even though it is the Wacom driver that is installed, not the HP one.

I don't know enough about Windows to go messing with config files either, if there is a clear tutorial on how to do it somewhere I may be brave enough to try it. But it is nothing I will be able to find on my own.

artistebot likes this.
  2. artistebot

artistebot Scribbler - Standard Member

Contacted HP tech support, Basically the Zbook X2 is so new, they are still gathering data on it.

I explained the issue, that with the HP Create Control Center installed the pen lags a bit, and without using only Tablet PC drivers there is no lag.

I am currently running the HP Create Control Center w the latest Wacom drivers installed.

I am running diagnostics (imageDiags.exe) on my Zbook X2, that their engineers will analyze.

FYI, way better response that what I got from Samsung and Wacom...

don't know where this will lead.....?

3. Yuureikun

Glad to hear you are doing well with their tech support, I am currently talking to one chat representative who has been painfully unhelpful so far. Maybe your data can help them find a fix. If they need more data from another system, see if they have contact info for someone that I could contact directly to make sure I am talking to the right person. Their general tech help doesn't seem to know much.

Also, just to show I am not completely crazy, here is the same parallel line test with the HP/Wacom drivers uninstalled: https://www.dropbox.com/s/186p1tjjyau2yhs/IMG_0297.MOV?dl=0

Notice how the lines actually reach the exact points the tip of my stylus draws to.

I really hope they fix this, drawing on the tablet feels so incredibly fluid when the drivers are uninstalled.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
    thatcomicsguy and artistebot like this.
  4. artistebot

Awesome, glad you are documenting this.

I used the phone number provided w the HP Support Assistant 1-800-334-5144

The agent remotely connected to my Zbook, so I showed him the HP Create Control Panel (with the Wacom driver installed) then did the same thing, demonstrating the issue in CSP.

The agent was really helpful, showing where I can locate the HP Image Assistant app to diagnose issues, identify updates..etc.

As for response time, he said typically 24-48hrs. I have the agents email, so I can send him a message if needed.

5. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Oh, so the machine isn't a total write-off. Well, that's good to hear!

You just have to kill off the HP crapware menu. I thought it was a far worse situation, perhaps even a hardware problem!

Of course, you shouldn't let HP off the hook. Not when they promised a working system with no lag! -Plus I understand that you need the express keys, but perhaps you can access those a different way?

You might try Keytweak (or something similar) and see if you can't get it to identify the express keys and remap them to desired functions without HP's broken driver.

I believe AHK's keyspy tool can listen for button activations as well.

You might try straight up asking HP to tell you how to program the express keys yourself.

artistebot likes this.
  6. Yuureikun

They certainly are not off the hook. Truth be told, I probably don’t want this device if this isn’t fixed within the 30 day return period.

I’ll have to try the suggested software to see if I can reamp the keys that way without the HP drivers. Thanks for the advice. Once I have time I’ll give that a shot and see what happens.

artistebot and thatcomicsguy like this.
  7. artistebot

A couple great suggestions, thanks Mark.

Since the issue is software related, I have hope it can be addressed. I did not notice the lag, until Yuureikun pointed it out.

Overall the hardware is great, and I think it will do what I need. My transition from my Macbook Pro will take some time, I hope Win10 won't drive me mad.

8. Yuureikun

Just gave Keytweak a try. It doesn't recognize the express keys after the HP/Wacom drivers are uninstalled.

thatcomicsguy and artistebot like this.
  9. carnageX12

carnageX12 Pen Pal - Newbie

Just letting people know, there is a 40% off code for customized HP workstations "HPWORK40" I tried it and it still works, but the prices for customized units seem so expensive that the coupon doesn't feel like a savings. I configured a unit, came to about $3.4k, in the cart it was saying that it should have been $4k something and I was saving money at the $3.4k, so when I applied the coupon it of course acted on the $4k price. I was hoping for around $2k and instead it came to about $2.7k. Didn't feel like spending that much when I was hoping for so much cheaper. I did have 32GB of ram and fingerprint reader configured though. Maybe if I go for less ram and upgrade to 32GB myself, I'll have to check prices. I do have a question for people with this device, do you find the dreamcolor option useful/worth the extra money?

Selofain and artistebot like this.
  10. artistebot

I like the Dreamcolor screen on mine but I don't find it any more remarkable than the one on my 2014 Macbook Pro....?

carnageX12 likes this.