Zbook X2 Just Announced

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by dv8nathan, Oct 18, 2017.

1. dv8nathan

dv8nathan Pen Pal - Newbie

I didnt think i would be doing video editing or enjoying gaming here and there. those two activities have quickly eaten away at my storage. I personally wished i had gotten the 1tb. even though i have gotten creative on freeing up space, I use dropbox smartsync and move projects im not working on to my nas, i probably should have gotten more storage. Food for thought if you are on the fence on whether to get 512 or 1tb.

artistebot likes this.
  2. artistebot

artistebot Scribbler - Standard Member

...that is good advice, at least the Zbook X2 CAN be upgraded! I have always had PowerBooks or Macbook Pro's..no upgrades possible!

My current one is ~4 years old w 16gb/512 and I had found storage to be the only (rare) issue, but adding a large SD card has worked fine. However I don't play PCs games or edit video ether! It will be Maya/Modo3D modeling/rendering, Zbrush sculpting, and painting in Photoshop/Clip Studio Paint.

I am not sure if this will REPLACE the Apple or simply be my mobile art creation device, the benchmarks seem to put it slightly slower that my 2014 MBP....

I like the security and familiarity of Apple, and aside from my Surface Pro 2, I have only used PC's at work.

Not sure how well Win10 can withstand the pounding that I put OSX through?

My Macbook has withstood daily travel and lugging around for years....how durable will the HP be?

Will this be the unicorn I have been waiting for?

Speaking of waiting...darn Windows update time!

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
  3. Selofain

Selofain Chronic Lurker

Aw, that coupon doesn't quite work with custom configs. I mean, it does, but it doesn't take off nearly as much. Makes me sad, since none of the pre-configs come with a fingerprint reader, which I'm not yet ready to give up.

I guess it doesn't matter much, since I'm not ready to buy yet. But good to know that these 40% coupon codes pop up every now and then. Good on HP.

Edit: lowkey screaming b/c the pre-config I would get is only $1,619.40 with the coupon. It's just missing the fingerprint reader. T_T

4. artistebot

It seems the custom configs are priced ~$200 more than the pre-configs?

FingerPrint reader would have been nice, but to me, saving over $1300 was more important.

I have a extra Wacom Companion Hybrid Neoprene Case that fits the Zbook X2 perfectly, has a pocket for the pen and power supply too.

:)

5. Selofain

Selofain Chronic Lurker

Fingerprint reader is a deal breaker for me. I'm already compromising one huge deal breaker with the 16:9 aspect ratio. One more and I might as well go for a Surface Book 2. But I know in my heart of hearts that I would never be completely happy with it.

I'm contemplating the possibility of adding the fingerprint reader afterwards. Unless they seal up the slot? Would HP even sell the part to me??

6. DaniJoy

DaniJoy www.danijoy.com

40% off! how did you find this? i dont think i can pass up this deal. I need a spare portable mobile workstation on hand if my MSP 16 ever dies. i could easily lose the price of this tablet waiting for wacom to fix my MSP.

Going to read thread carefully now to see how if there are any initial deal killer bugs or hardware flaws. Any pro artists/illustrators have this yet? Form factor seems sweet. Not sure if ill like it more than my MSP with flip steady case though. 16" is my sweet spot for remote work.....

7. carnageX12

carnageX12 Pen Pal - Newbie

I can't get the coupon code to apply to the cart. Tried on a couple of 8th gen processor models, then tried a 7th gen and still no luck. Anyone else have any luck? Would really like to get in on this.

8. artistebot

9. David B

David B Pen Pal - Newbie

comes up as invalid for me as well

10. carnageX12

carnageX12 Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for the heads up, I came across that when searching to see why the code wasn't working for me. The comments weren't helping like I thought they would lol. You got the code to work by calling and ordering through a rep?