Zbook X2 Just Announced

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by dv8nathan, Oct 18, 2017.

1. dv8nathan

dv8nathan Pen Pal - Newbie

I haven't noticed any issues with the touchpad that you described. I will keep an eye out.

artistebot likes this.
  2. dv8nathan

It does charge via EGPU TB3, but the not the Nintendo switch charger, and not Samsung chargers. I think I need one that does power delivery over usbc

Yes as soon is I plug in it switches over.

The rum, yes. We all had a shot after work one day then slowly it started disappearing even though everyone swears they didn't have any....I swear there is a hole in the bottleo_O

artistebot and Marty like this.
  3. artistebot

artistebot Scribbler - Standard Member

New unboxing....

4. artistebot

1 cool thing...

5. tomin

tomin Pen Pal - Newbie

What are your thoughts on handwriting accuracy on this device. I have it (i7-8650u) and find that my handwriting strokes are not as accurate as on the Surface Book 2. Sketching is wonderful. Feels so smooth and gratifying but handwriting inking leaves something to be desired. I also see flashes of stray marks while writing. They actually don't register as ink that hits the page but look like transient vectors between points of contact while writing. All this is in the Onenote UWP app.

EDIT: Things fare much better in OneNote Desktop, but then I lose tilt which I use when doodling.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
  6. David B

David B Pen Pal - Newbie

Anybody have the 1tb version? And can give model number of the drive used. I'm seeing conflicting info in HP's docs as to speed of the nvme used.

7. dv8nathan

i was going to say the desktop version works just fine. another thing to note is that on the MSP16 running 300dpi drawings in sketchbook pro i saw lag in drawing lines when i first got it. i reduced the resolution and everything worked great. so changing the resolution on my zbook was one of the first things i did. im at 1080 and bounce between 125% and 100% scaling

artistebot likes this.
  8. tomin

tomin Pen Pal - Newbie

I have the 1tb nvme version ... says KXG50ZNV1T02 TOSHIBA in system information.

David B and artistebot like this.
  9. artistebot

According to the BTO option, HP have two versions offered.
    1. 1 TB PCIe NVMe TLC SSD
    2. 1 TB Z Turbo Drive G2 MLC SSD
    The ready to ship versions w 32gb/1TB list the NVMe version under specs. The 16GB/1TB list the G2.

ok....thanks to tomin!

10. dv8nathan

dont know how graphics properties are handled but is seems that its running both cards at the same time.[​IMG][​IMG]
    it continues to handle everything i throw at it, here using ipad(twomonair), surface pro4(wireless display connect app), cintiq, and usb monitor(EGPU), and casting to projector(chromecast), all running from HPZBX2.[​IMG]

Marty likes this.