Zbook X2 Just Announced

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by dv8nathan, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...the matte texture is exactly like MSP and just awesome to draw on...>>

...Maybe this is the wrong forum in which to ask, but how durable is the coating on the MSP screen? I would think that, after a time, the matte surface would show noticeable wear...???

2. dv8nathan

dv8nathan Pen Pal - Newbie

I believe its a process that changes the glass surface. my (now coworkers) MSP16 has no sign of wear after over a year of use.

3. artistebot

artistebot Scribbler - Standard Member

Asking in the MSP thread might be helpful, or perhaps search the Wacom Reddit topic?

From my personal experience, it was only the older CIntiq'a with an adhesive coating applied that seemed to wear out, like the 21UX. At work we have many 22HD's that are used 5 days a week, all day long, that seem to show no signs of wear.

4. dv8nathan

Wow, just Wow! I am loving this thing! Drawing wise that is

got to spend the last half hour working on a sketch i already started as my dropbox finally downloaded all my files. halfway thru i started recording video to share. (sorry the audio is so loud)

its something about everything fading away and its just you and the art, getting in the zone. the kickstand, if wacom had only made a built in kickstand.....

only two issues. one TB3, dgpu, egpu driver conflict somewhere. i can connect, draw on my cintiq connected to egpu, but when i disconnect the machines graphics drivers dont kick back in. have to disable then re enable in device manager.
    and 2 im concerned about actual battery life. From 100% to 35% in 3 hours.keep in mind that i have been downloading from two different cloud storage's. and updates, huge video game file downloads, so i will need more testing. i also considered the Bluetooth keyboard and if that plays a part in battery drain. good news is if you push the Bluetooth button on the keyboard quickly once in shuts it of and turns back on with another quick press.

5. Steve S

<<...im concerned about actual battery life...>>

...Don't forget that Windows will also be indexing in the background for a while. I wouldn't judge battery operating life for a few days and until you get to a relatively stable software and data file load...

artistebot likes this.
  6. dv8nathan

Thank you, I didn't know that

7. tomin

tomin Pen Pal - Newbie

8. Steve S

<<...PC Mag Asia "review" is up...>>

...You know, it's a shame that when the Z Canvas came out we didn't get objective reviews about it. Instead, we got: "Oh, look at this; nobody should buy it..."

It looks like HP will at least be given a chance...

David B likes this.
  9. tomin

tomin Pen Pal - Newbie

Someone must have been paying attention to the Z Canvas though. This device seems so much like the spiritual successor. In a way, the Z Canvas had to take the brunt force of market snobbery just so this device can exist ,,, but yeah, it is a shame media outlets didn't give it enough of a chance.

On another note, does anyone know if any of the Z Canvas designers/developers had anything to do with the Zbook ... the similarities are uncanny to me.

10. Marty

Marty Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

But you have to wonder, which digital professionals would actually be swayed by such gross generalizations? The specs of the Z Canvas should have spoken for itself.

I think the greatest factor here is HP is marketing in its home territory with a (thankfully) wider marketing network than VAIO.