Zbook X2 Just Announced

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by dv8nathan, Oct 18, 2017.

1. jbaks

jbaks Scribbler - Standard Member

whats everyone think of the base model vs the spec'd out one? Justifiable?

2. zedata

zedata Pen Pal - Newbie

I personally don't think the base model is worth it at the price. There are already portable workstations available with similar performance capabilities to that one whereas the higher tier models we are waiting for actually will offer something new as far as performance goes.

jbaks likes this.
  3. godofiron

godofiron Pen Pal - Newbie

Base model certainly isn't justifiable. it's at the higher tiers that things start to look a bit more reasonable.

jbaks likes this.
  4. jbaks

jbaks Scribbler - Standard Member

honestly, why the hell do manufactures still put 128 gigabyte hard drives in premium laptops? After windows is installed there is literally no wiggle room to add anything to the hard drive.

5. godofiron

godofiron Pen Pal - Newbie

no idea dude, 128 GB is only enough space for the OS and like, 12 songs

Tams and Marty like this.
  6. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

128 GB isn’t ideal but it’s not so bad: you should have something like 90 GB free after you install a few apps on top of the OS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Tams

Tams Scribbler - Standard Member

90GB isn't much at all if you start taking into account reference material and projects. If you do photo and/or video, then it's paltry.

8. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I'm not a photographer, so I might feel otherwise if I were, but I've grown so accustomed to cloud storage that I don't really think about physical drive space anymore (except on those devices I've tested with 64 or even 32! GB drives, that's really unusable). It's always a good idea to stick in a fast microSD card for local data storage too.

9. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I’d be fine with 128GB......I think it’s more jarring to still see Windows devices with only 64GB of storage still sold in 2017.....cough Wacom...cough Samsung. 128GB/4GB should be the entry level base for windows....and that alone is already cheap as hell to do.

For my own uses though.....64GB is tight.....but 128Gb is doable so long as you have access to USB ports and ideally a micro-SD card slot. Like using both my MSP13 and Galaxy Book for art....I find having smaller storage helps keep me focused a bit better by not putting everything on the device....and it gives me reason to clean out my old save files. I can’t be the only one who dreads going thru a 1-2+ year old art folder with like 80GB just in Photoshop and CSP save files.

10. Gosudesign

Gosudesign Pen Pal - Newbie