Zbook X2 Just Announced

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by dv8nathan, Oct 18, 2017.

1. incredulous

incredulous Pen Pal - Newbie

I shall, the behaviour is very weird - seems to work consistently if booted on AC then disconnected, but extremely erratic when booted or woken from sleep when not on AC power, even if it's been fully charged moments before. Can show full battery on boot, but then die straight away, or not for some time.

2. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

For those who may be contemplating migrating to Windows 11, the ZBook X2 satisfies the OS criteria and is upgradeable...

3. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

I'm contemplating doing just that. About two months ago, the SSD on my zBook bugged out. Had to reinstall Windows 10. Was able to save my files, but the OS doesn't seem stable. Getting all sorts of ramdon errors and right clicking on the desktop kind of freezes everything for 10-20 secs. Numerous windows update cycles hasn't solved it. Was considering another reinstall of Win 10, but I suppose 11 should do I guess.

4. Steve S

<...About two months ago, the SSD on my zBook bugged out...>>

Have you thought about having it looked at or at least running one of the diagnostics that HP provides (or in Windows)? I'd be a little suspicious...

5. incredulous

Have you any intention of upgrading to Windows 11 Steve?

All the reviews I've read/watched drone on about the UI, none of which is of interest, as I have very few complaints about the WIN 10 UI.
    I'm only interested if there is a performance and/or efficiency gain from Windows 11, but not seen any mention of that.

6. Steve S

<<...Have you any intention of upgrading to Windows 11...>>

@incredulous : No, not at the moment. I need time to more full assess Win11's pros and cons. If Android support materializes, that will definitely tip the balance for me, but until it does, Win11 looks like a gimped OS to me...

doobiedoobiedum and Tams like this.
  7. incredulous

Fair enough, Android support is quite interesting, however I'm pretty convinced the mobile OS duopoly has not been a net positive for innovation or society as a whole, so am more interested to see the emerging OS-agnostic PWA ecosystem flourish & hopefully displace the walled garden app store model.
    Time will tell.

Eltos likes this.
  8. Eltos

Eltos Scribbler - Standard Member

You know this is an underrated point. Everyone complains about electron apps instead of native, but this means that developers can create cross platform apps much easier.

9. incredulous

Thanks @Eltos. Considering that the original promise of the internet was communication and sharing unhindered by platform or hardware, it seems crazy that we've ended up in a place where access to connected, mobile tools, channels and services is dictated by device manufacturer/OS.

It must be a (costly) nightmare for small businesses to keep their native app under constant development to maintain compatibility with new devices and versions of Android and/or iOS in addition to maintaining a website.
    Of course, the perception seems to be that every business must have an App!

WillAdams and Eltos like this.
  10. doobiedoobiedum

doobiedoobiedum Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Even the first models from 2017? Mine is a 2018 model - not sure I want to go through upgrading just yet unless Android App support gives me the Apps I would be looking to buy an S7 device for. Can't see anything else in Windows 11 yet that would make me want to upgrade.

I have an M1 Mac Mini which can run iOS Apps and pressure is not supported when running any of the iOS apps - Microsoft might just follow suit with Android Apps.