Zbook X2 Just Announced

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by dv8nathan, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

Two new updates this morning via HP Support Assistant:
    • New BIOS update (Ver 1.34)
    • Intel Management Engine
    No problem with either update...

2. doobiedoobiedum

doobiedoobiedum Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Managed to get this working in the express keys but I had to mirror function keys to make it stick - the Control Create panel is heavily geared to supporting Adobe products but you can personalise express keys for other specific Apps. The App I like to use is a bit quirky and the express keys never quite stick to the function I give them (even though I switched from "view desktop" to "CtrlX" ) it occassionally suddenly gives me a desktop when I'm cutting out a small vector shape I don't need anymore.

Good to have a range but I already ordered the Wacom One pen. I'll put the zBook stylus away for safekeeping when that one gets here.

3. ticol

ticol Pen Pal - Newbie

I juste received the Wacom One and the Lamy pen. Both work perfectly on the Zbook. No noticeable differences when drawing except the external shape of the pens.
    Wacom One is the cheaper, but be aware that it's not sized as the regular Wacom Pen. It's thinner, more like their Slim Pen. In my case it's good because I like this diameter better.

4. violet182

violet182 Pen Pal - Newbie

Can you use the 2 buttons on the side of the wacom one? If so how do you program them?
    When you compare it to the original pen, is there more or less offset?
    thanks!

5. ticol

ticol Pen Pal - Newbie

There's only one side of the button you can press on. So only one button.
    And as I said except the shape of the pen itself, it is the same as the hp pen. No offset and same sensitivity when drawing. I tried it with different tools and couldn't notice any difference.

WillAdams likes this.
  6. doobiedoobiedum

Mine hasn't arrived yet - how does the weight compare to the HP stylus please?

7. ticol

ticol Pen Pal - Newbie

I would say a little bit lighter, but it's hard to tell.

doobiedoobiedum likes this.
  8. doobiedoobiedum

Wish someone made a stylus weighted more like the Dell Canvas stylus - that's Wacom EMR internals too but a lovely solid weight. Doesn't feel like hollow plastic to draw with.

9. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

So in other news, I ended up buying the HP Thunderbolt 3 dock....the old rectangular one, not the newer square one. The docks on ebay are fairly cheap, but cables aren't typically included, but I found an open box for a good price with the cables included.

My goal was to push 3 external monitors from the Zbook.....and so far no luck with that....but my 3rd monitor is kind of finicky so it could be the monitor and not the dock. I also have to experiment with using both the zbooks ports and the dock ports at the same time, so I'm not giving up hope for that just yet.

However, one thing I find a bit perplexing, is the Zbook supposed to receive Power Delivery thru the dock? The Dock requires its own power supply, but I assumed it would still pass thru charge the zbook from its connection to the lone Thunderbolt 3 connection, and where as everything on the dock works (well at least 3 of the usb type a ports and the two display ports at least).....it won't charge the Zbook. Now the power adapter that came with my dock is a little smaller then my Zbooks stock charger, so I'm guessing its not as powerful a charger, so I used the zbook charger for the dock instead, and the dock works still, but sadly no power delivery. There is a app/icon for thunderbolt systems installed on my zbook, but it doesn't really have much function from what I can tell. Anyone have experience with using the thunderbolt docks that can chime in?

10. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...Anyone have experience with using the thunderbolt docks that can chime in?..>>

Have you tried looking for technical documentation that might clarify the dock’s capabilities?