Zbook X2 G4

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by RazorblisS, Jan 10, 2020.

1. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

I’d be more concerned how that will effect the battery life.....which is already kind of poor all things considered. It barley lasts my 3 hour coding class.

2. doobiedoobiedum

doobiedoobiedum Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I tested my EMR1 tabletPC pen on my zbook when it first arrived and it worked but was always offset by about 8mm. I never considered it worthwhile recalibrating or even trying to for an older tech pen.

3. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...it worked but was always offset by about 8mm...>>

I observed the same behavior with most of my old EMR pens, but the offsets were much smaller, more on the order of a millimeter or two...

4. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

that’s because of the change In the nib assembly between the older EMR pens and the newer ones. It really depends on how deep the nib recoils into the pen.....but how well older pens will perform is kind of random. The pressure output could also be kind of wonky. My once prized Axiotron(Modbook) Studio Pen was king of EMR pens ......but between the offset and much much higher IAF......the pens more or less useless now.

5. WuffWuff

WuffWuff Pen Pal - Newbie

Isnt there normally a app in control panel called "Pen Tablet Properties" since Zbook X2 uses Wacom EMR technology i assume it must come with Wacom apps.

6. doobiedoobiedum

doobiedoobiedum Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

HP "Create Control" - you can do a lot with it but it gets a little forgetful unless you are using Adobe Apps. What I mean is you can add personalised settings and choices for a lot of other Apps but don't expect your control panel settings to suddenly "switch on" if you turn Affinity on and the settings are different from what you chose for Adobe. You have to go into whatever App you wish to draw in, open "Create Control," find your App in the panel then also find it in the functions settings.
    Now you can go to your proprietary App and "Create Control" will remember and apply what you have set.

7. WuffWuff

WuffWuff Pen Pal - Newbie

Wow i didnt know that as thought Zbook X2 would utilize classic wacom driver where you can adjust pen and touch for everything at once. Is there by any chance you could try and force wacom ISD driver in to the tablet and bring back classic adjustments?

Attached Files:

8. ticol

ticol Pen Pal - Newbie

It's the same interface, except you just have one button on the pen.
    And when I accidently plugged my Wacom remote d'ongle on the Zbook it was instantly recognized and implemented in the HP Control Panel.
    Preferences are recorded with a ". wacompref" as on any Wacom device.
    Same driver but with functions dedicated to the Zbook.