ZBook Studio G8

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Steve S, May 11, 2021.

1. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

2. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

That is some impressive power they crammed in that thing. The 120Hz 4K Dream Color display is very enticing, But with a 45w i9 and a RTX 3080, I'm assuming battery life will be unsurprisingly short.

It is a damn pity they can't give us a refresh of the HP Zbook X2 (or at least its form factor) with these specs.

doobiedoobiedum likes this.
  3. doobiedoobiedum

doobiedoobiedum Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Yes, I'd like an update too but I'd like the graphic card to do more than simply power that Dreamcolour screen in any refresh if HP can ever be convinced to update the X2 G4.

4. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

If they were to do an update to the Zbook X2, they could possible skip discrete graphics altogether. The 11th gen Intel Iris Xe integrated graphics in the Pro 7+ mostly matches the performance from the zBooks relatively weak Quadro M620. Given the poor battery life of the Zbook (in part because of that Quadro card), they could conceivable just do a Zbook successor with just Iris Xe. The form factor doesn't help. Its my understanding that bunching high powered components under a display makes the thermals a nightmare, hence why the Surface Book and Zbook opted for 15w CPUs. But still if they did a Zbook successor with a 28w CPU and RTX 3050 (like the Galaxy Book oddssy) I would be very tempted to update.

Tams likes this.