[Z Canvas] Replacement Mic/Light Sensor?

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony' started by blinksilver, Sep 8, 2019.

1. blinksilver

blinksilver Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey all,

'Was doing some work to my canvas (that went well), but in the process I ripped off this ribbon cable with what looks like a microphone / light senor (most likely a microphone) on it's end. It sits in the upper vent and was originally attached to the small board that houses the top right quick key.

I tried looking for it on ebay with no avail. Anyone got a part #, a contact at vaio corp or just a broken canvas they would be willing to salvage a part from?

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...in the process I ripped off this ribbon cable with what looks like a microphone / light senor (most likely a microphone)…>>

...It's the microphone. Unfortunately, I can't help you with a replacement. Looking for a salvaged part is probably the only way that you'll be able to replace it...

Good luck.

blinksilver likes this.
  3. blinksilver

No worries. I got the part coming in from Japan. It cost me an arm and a leg for a something with BOM of .01 dollars, but you do what you do for those you love, hehe.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
    Marty likes this.
  4. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...I got the part coming in from Japan...>>

...Where did you find it? There are folks here that are still searching for the batteries; is it possible that they are also available?

5. blinksilver

Yahoo Auctions Japan(via buyee... I know I'm about to get buggered for shipping... but I was buying something else already), which I doubt will be much help for batteries. Why don't a few of y'all band together and wholesale buy them:
    https://www.1688wholesale.com/en/china_alibaba_item/579285395992.html
    (I have no idea if that site is good, just the first hit)

I literally never use my battery (6 cycles on it and 100% capacity), but even I would be willing.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
    Marty likes this.