Youtube (watching in HD)

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by feerof, Feb 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. feerof

feerof Pen Pal - Newbie

doesn't seem like it did anything

2. kingofmyworld324

kingofmyworld324 Pen Pal - Newbie

That's what I expected, flash is just too intensive on the processor and gpu.

3. Robtang

Robtang Scribbler - Standard Member

4. feerof

feerof Pen Pal - Newbie

good observations man, i wonder if &fmt=22 has anything to do with the quality of HD, i mean i know it allows you to use HD, but i'm wondering how this affects the quality of it.

5. Tiezep

Tiezep technology enthusiast

haven't yet checked youtube, but trackmania nations has less slow downs with this driver. :D

plus I've noticed pictures show up near instantaneously on websites now... that or they've done that before the new driver and I never noticed it... but whatever, it's better.

I wouldn't think youtube is the kind of site for hd video anyway (they're more of a cell phone upload site now) try something like vimeo or those other good sites.
    -Tyler

6. Robtang

Robtang Scribbler - Standard Member

Youtube supports 720p streaming now, fmt=22 forces the youtube player to stream in 720p h264.

fmt=18 forces it to stream an h264 mp4 in the same resolution as youtube high qualitry

fmt=6 forces it to stream in flv youtube high quality (480x360)

I dont know why manually pressing the watch in HD gives a jerky movie. and its not because of the youtube player itself as the mp4 retrieved from the cache is jerky when played in though a codec (ie in media player) or through vlc.

7. GreatWizard

GreatWizard Pen Pal - Newbie

I have to confirm. It looks just as jerky in my Powerful gaming desktop which easily playes 1080p content usually.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.