Your shipping date for C-140

Discussion in 'Acer (Gateway)' started by booksat, Jul 18, 2007.

1. Gypsy Alazay

Gypsy Alazay Pen Pal - Newbie

I ordered mine on 7/7 and had an EAD of 7/25. Called customer service to double-check that it wasn't delayed because of all the other people whose EAD's were being delayed. Found out that it wasn't going to be shipped until 7/25 from Shanghai, China and my new EAD is 7/31. Can't rely too much on the web update because apparently it doesn't update until it's shipped or until it's manually updated by someone.

It was because they had a material shortage but they have all the parts now. So if you ordered now or recently, then you should receive it in about 2 weeks or so.

2. booksat

booksat Pen Pal - Newbie

I finally decided on the C-140 over the Lenove x61, mostly because i thought the 12.1 inch was a touch too small for me. The c-140 is a bit larger than I want, but you can't have everything you want in tablets as you can in a standard laptop.
    I ordered the S-7235C (small business model) because the current deal of 15% off if over $1495, saved me about $140 over order the c-140 with $150 off. I ordered with Vista.

The other day the sales rep, as I noted, said expected dates for receiving were about 2 weeks. My arrival date for the actual purchase is 8//21 - 4 weeks! As my laptop has died and I need one soon, I'm thinking of cancelling.

3. nikecar

nikecar Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

i ordered on the 17th, the 20th it went into production. Some folks ordered earlier and haven't gon in production yet. i doubt you will be 4 week, but you never know.