You can never be too sure

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Converse Chucks, Dec 15, 2007.

1. Converse Chucks

Converse Chucks Pen Pal - Newbie

So basically my Asus R1F will arrive in the mail tomorrow, after which I want to do a clean install.

Even though it's pretty obvious what I need to do, I still want to make sure that when I do a clean install that I do everything perfect, with the minimal amount of drivers which Asus provides with their laptop.

Drivers like the latest Wacom driver and the latest Intel drivers are naturally different from the ones provided with the product, and are usually not required for the unit to work (even though it will increase performance and such).

That's why I'm asking which drivers you suggest to install on the laptop, since I have never kept track of certain other drivers (like the RealTEK audio drivers) or updating my bios.

I also would like to know how far everyone here would advice me to go (don't go below x %), since there have been alot of issues surrounding batteries and the R1F.

FA.

Edit: I would also really like to know how to make your Wacom Intuos 3 Pen work with your R1F, since I don't really like the feel or size of the regular tablet PC pens.
    Now I know this is possible, I just haven't been able to find how to do it.