Yogabook C930

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by Kumabjorn, Sep 2, 2018.

1. FZelle

FZelle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I will buy it the day it will be available in Germany.
    ATM I'm using a Cube Mix for nearly everything.
    The YB C930 will way a lot less, and has 2 usb-c ports clear winner.

2. ORTOX

ORTOX Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm very interested in the this device, so I wouldn't mind if this was kept around. It has practically everything I'm looking for, except LTE (in the U.S., at least so far). The form factor is very intriguing to me. Extremely slim and light. I'm intrigued.

3. ORTOX

ORTOX Pen Pal - Newbie

At the same time, it does look like the Yoga Book 2 thread is more on topic :p

4. lovelaptops

lovelaptops My friends call me Jeff Senior Member

Agreed.

So, Orin, you are ok with a device without a mechanical keyboard? I wish I could use an OSK for significant typing, just can't do so with any speed or comfort. Ironically, the Toshiba X30T seems closer to hitting the mark for me, but I don't think I trust the Toshiba brand for a device at such a high price.

5. ORTOX

ORTOX Pen Pal - Newbie

Good question, Jeff. Honest answer, I have no idea. I have little experience using full size OSKs. I'm definitely used to it on smartphone sized device, but have basically never used a full size OSK to try and get actual work done. Who knows, I might absolutely hate it! I just love the idea of this device though :)

I agree with you on the Toshiba front. The Z20t is everything I need at the moment and it's a great device. But the weird software issues (especially the issue where it always says battery is 100% when it clearly isn't) have me second guessing what Toshiba is doing.

6. lovelaptops

lovelaptops My friends call me Jeff Senior Member

Have you tried uninstalling the battery driver software in device mgr and rebooting so it reinstalls newest version? That worked for me several times when my older ZT20 did that as its batteries aged. Yours, being newer when you bought it, was not misreporting/stuck on 100 at the time I sold it to you. Something with battery age apparently triggers the fault. Until you reported it I assumed it was just a quirk in the battery of my other machine. If you get the batteries replaced under wtty (should be eligible because of this fault, though battery otherwise only wttd for 1 yr) the new batteries will snap back to reporting drainage properly for a year or more - and it might be a way to get new batteries for free!

Finally (guess this shouldve been an email or PM, but we've already established this is an off-topic thread!), do you use batteryinfoview? It's a great, very lightweight utility that gives you better real time battery stats than any other and if you leave it on all the time you can see how long the battery has been draining (not elapsed clock time, but computer usage time) since it was last truly recharged to 100% and it's easy to guestimate when it's probably at 20% and you need to juice it up. Unfortunately you have to check it - no persistent presence with that data on taskbar, but you only have to pin it to the taskbar and tap on it to see the time lapsed. It's also a cool app to provide nearly instantaneous info about the impact of any usage change (power profile, app running, even screen brightness, etc) on battery burn rate, etc, as it updates as often as every 20 seconds - user selectable.

Let me know (via email! if any of this helps)

Jeff

7. Bitech

Bitech Pen Pal - Newbie

8. ORTOX

ORTOX Pen Pal - Newbie

So, no backlight on the e-ink display? That sounds like a major problem for the device.

9. FZelle

FZelle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Why?
    It might be a major problem for you, but I for example don't care about it.

10. ORTOX

ORTOX Pen Pal - Newbie

Touché.

I have a Kindle Paperwhite and it's quite nice to be able to read an e-ink display without needing external ambient light. I can read in bed without disturbing my wife if she goes to sleep before me.

Also, I think using this as a laptop in the dark without any tactility to the keys may make typing more difficult. But that's just a feeling without any real world experience with the device.