Yogabook C930

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by Kumabjorn, Sep 2, 2018.

1. violajack

violajack Scribbler - Standard Member

Yes, both my battery packs will charge the yogabook. They're both anker and I'm using a USB A to C cable.

2. yodamiked

yodamiked Scribbler - Standard Member

Thanks, that's good news! After watching some more reviews on the device, I'm definitely very tempted, despite some of its shortcomings/quirks. Might go play with it some at BB this evening. I'll let you know if I decide to take the plunge.

3. violajack

Seeing it in person is really the key. The thinness is something else. And you have to really try the keyboard to know how you'll feel about it.

The tipping point for me was typing on it in store. Then, it was just a matter of waiting for the right deal. Best buy clears out their open box stock on eBay. I was looking for one of those when I found a listing for a new in box one with local pick up. There are advantages to living in the stupidly expensive Bay area.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

wytn, yodamiked, nnthemperor and 2 others like this.
  4. desertlap

desertlap Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Quick question for any owners of this one that are using it with an external display at least part of the time. One of our writers has one and loves it, but she's having an intermittent issue when connected to an external display, mouse, keyboard.

The issue is that the machine will go to sleep when she gets up from her desk and when she tries to wake it, the system appears to come back, (the keyboard comes alive) but both the internal and external display remain black. So far the only solution has been a hard reset.

I've made sure all the drivers, software and firmware are current, so the question really is if anyone else has seen this? It's not constant, she estimates it happens about 1 out of 4 times which is enough to be really annoying.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

5. FZelle

FZelle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I use it most of the time connected to a Monitor and keyboard and have never experienced that.
    What kind/brand of Hub is she using?
    Repluging the hub helps?

There was a bios update, done that?

6. desertlap

No hub, just a USB-HDMI adapter for video connected to a Samsung 1080p display. Logitech Keyboard and mouse connected via Bluetooth. Bios is current according to Lenovo's web site.

I suspect it's a hardware issue specifically with her machine but since it's somewhat random, and it apparently never happens when it's just the unit itself I thought I'd ask

7. violajack

I haven't plugged mine into anything yet, but my only thought would be that the machine is going into the mode where it thinks it only needs the eink screen on. Double tapping the LCD might bring it back, or folding (backwards) and unfolding the machine? Sorry, just guessing.

8. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Got a brief hands-on with this device at a hardware store here in Tokyo. It is very thin. However, the e-ink side is straight up not yet ready for prime time. And the huge bezels is a minus for it. Once again, it is a very thin device even with the two side together. Worth having as an experimental device a year from now or whenever the price falls to the sub $300 range.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

9. desertlap

Thanks, the tapping works about 1/2 of the time apparently. We opened a case with Lenovo

10. connman

connman Scribbler - Standard Member

+1

I came close to buying this device twice on business trips to the USA this past month. Sat in a Best Buy playing around with it for nearly an hour before deciding against. It's got a really nice form factor and beautiful screen. But the e-ink portion is so unrefined. And then there is the 4 GB memory cap. Yes, not a factor for many, but at this price, this device needs to last a few years.

I read an article earlier in this thread that Lenovo was already showing the third generation of this product when it launched the second generation, and that said third generation is expected this year. Can't wait because this is totally what I'm looking for.

Or Microsoft could simply put a Core processor in the Surface Go, then I'll get that alongside a Sony DPT or Remarkable tablet and call it a day.

nnthemperor likes this.