Yoga Tablet 2 with Windows - Quirks

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by Fiskar, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Fiskar

Fiskar Pen Pal - Newbie

Have this tablet 2 weeks but it has quirky habits that may be easy to correct and therefore live with it or best to pass back to Lenovo. Any comments would be appreciated.

Quirk 1 and its most annoying: I use Chrome as the internet browser and I like having 20 tabs open. However if I open an app like Viber or even Office excel then I notice when trying to flick back to Chrome to check a web page that it has been shut down. Any way round this annoying feature?

Quirk 2: The mouse cursor disappears on ocassion and I have to shut down completely to get it back.

Quirk 3: Chrome gets a fatal error at least once per night requiring a relaunch of Chrome.

Quirk 4: Sometimes the tablet gets a mind of its own, starts typing 0000000000 continuously into a field of text box with no keyboard switched on or input by the user. Hard reset required.

Most annoying is Quirk 1 so any offers on how to tame it?

2. FZelle

FZelle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Yes, stop using that sh... of a browser on a tablet.

Chrome is a horrible memory hog and is really terrible on any tablet.
    Start using the (Metro)IE with the tracking protection ( that's a build in adblock ) and you will see that everything will be a lot better.

gcoupe likes this.
  3. Fiskar

Fiskar Pen Pal - Newbie

Cheers, thanks for that, working away on it. Different but a nicer layout. easier to find things that you want to store.

4. cool8man

cool8man Pen Pal - Newbie

I've had this tablet since October (bought from BB) and haven't experienced the mouse cursor or stuck "o" problem. Could it be some other software you have installed? There are some driver updates at Lenovo site but don't know if these will address your issues: http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/tablets/yoga-series/yoga-tablet-2-1051/?tabName=Downloads

On the subject of Chrome I agree it uses too much resources for a tablet. Most likely you're running out of memory (in addition to running down your battery). Better to use touch friendly MetroIE while on a tablet or Atom device. To turn on ad block in Metro IE go into browser settings and privacy, then choose add tracking protection lists. If some content like YouTube vids are blocked because they have ads simply click the block icon in the IE address bar.