Yoga P40 vs X1 Yoga

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by Nostos, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Nostos

Nostos Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi,

I have the option of getting a new system, and I'm deciding between the P40 and the X1 Yoga. I know the GPU on the P40 isn't really designed for gaming, but if I wanted to run some games on it, would it be preferable than the X1? Are there any key differences between these models otherwise?

Thanks.

2. SF6

SF6 Scribbler - Standard Member

Look at the weight and thickness. P40 is much more chunky.

3. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Someone on this board definitely needs to make table outlining the differences between all of these Lenovo models! Who can keep all of this straight in their heads?

kneehowguys, Shogmaster and Art_N00b like this.
  4. rebelismo

rebelismo Pen Pal - Newbie

Hah, I agree!

Even when I asked a Lenovo Sales Rep about the ThinkPad Pro Pen, he initially told me that the P50 and P70 dont have them. A few seconds later like he was like "Wait..Wait..They do". So even the sales people get confused with all the available models.

5. DaPiR8

DaPiR8 Pen Pal - Newbie

Chunky perhaps, but when I first got my BBTPY14/460, I thought great, this thing is going to get old lugging around based on 4.2 lb weight.

You get used to it.

In the case of the P40 which still theoretically ticks in less 4 lbs, ask yourself if one pound and some girth is going to hurt. If yes, then the X1 is your champ.

I think I like you got affixed to a numerical weight thing.

My $0.02

6. fufufufu

fufufufu Pen Pal - Newbie

And the fact that this discussion is done under "Tablet PCs" forum?
    Both are laptops, so I have no idea why this discussion is done here.

7. blackcat

blackcat Pen Pal - Newbie

I guess it's because they're both 2-in-1s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Term "Tablet PC" and this forum dates back to 2000's and Microsoft's "Tablet PC" platform launched in 2002. MS Tablet PCs launched as both X86 slates and convertible laptops, as long as they had an active pen. Later they dropped the active pen requirement and allowed only touch screen, but we still use the term "Tablet PC" here in that context, which means P40 and X1 are as Tablet PC as they get!

soh5 likes this.
  9. FiDeLiuS

FiDeLiuS Pen Pal - Newbie

P40 Review is now on http://www.notebookcheck.com/Test-Lenovo-ThinkPad-P40-Yoga-Workstation.164294.0.html in german.
    I'm rather disappointed by the low screen brightness and color gamut. Battery lifetime isn't stellar neither.

I'd love to be able getting the BB TPY12 bargain with my locale keyboard. The X1 yoga seems nice, but is a bit too steep for me

Where's the fresh Wacom stuff from Toshiba and Fuji? Seems we're stuck between MS Surface series and Lenovo for serious penabled solutions.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2016